Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple post about some problems but in general what is the thoughts on the american? I am tempted to get one in .308.

Tim

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm not a hunter or competition shooter. I just like shooting at paper targets. I've been very pleased with my .308 RAR. I've had no functioning problems and have been pleased with accuruacy of my handloads. Right now, because of recent eye surgery, I'm shooting at 50 yards and getting under an inch groups. I going out tomorrow and might try it 100 yds. I have a 3-9 Redfield scope on the rifle.

12/19: As I said I took the rifle out today and all groups were easily under an inch shooting my reloads 37.3 Varget and 150 Hornady BTFMJ. Using a reduce load of 27.8 H4895 the same results, the POI just shifted a bit. The problems were human error when I did work the bolt properly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Read my post on here recently. I went out today shooting it for the first time. As well as shooting a rifle in a LONG time.

First shot out of the box after sticking the scope on, not touching the dials, was off an inch. after getting it all sighted in, I was doing under 1" grouping from 100 yards out. No issues, love every accessory for my gun as well. Glad its my first bolt action.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The American 270 was my first rifle. I have an IJK 3-9 50mm scope on it. For a newbie, I loved how this rifle felt right out of the box. I've shot other rifles but this one felt crisp to me. I'm looking forward to shooting more, and taking it hunting next month.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have one in .308 and have shot it up to & including 300yds. Real nice rifle and accurate too. No complaints what-so-ever... .308 is a nice caliber, easy to find ammo too...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.