Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CZ 452-2E ZKM Lux .22lr rifle with a threaded barrell.
Obviously threaded for a suppressor.
Am I right?
Has anyone done this and what did you use?

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
18,540 Posts
James, I have the same rifle but without the threaded barrel. The threads can be used for a flash suppressor or a true suppressor (silencer).

Has anyone done this and what did you use?
Done what? Used what?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
How do either of you guys like the handling of that CZ 452-2E ZKM ? I am looking at one that will be up for auction next weekend. Anything I should know...good or bad ? And will you share the approximate cost of yours? I don't want to misjudge my bidding.
Thanks,
AL

·
18,540 Posts
Mayor Al, I'm embarrassed to say what I paid for my CZ 452 because I bought it from a LGS that was busted by ATF and was given 30 days to liquidate their stock of guns. At first I mounted a Tasco 3~9 rimfire scope because it was the only rimfire scope I had that wasn't attached to a rifle. Once I found out how accurate this gun was, I decided to upgrade to a better scope. It now has a Nikon P-22 mounted with steel tip-off rings ... paid more for the scope than I did for the rifle.

Normally I don't shoot 22s at distances much farther than 50~60 yards but this thing is so accurate, I can get sub-inch groups at 100 yards when winds are calm. It's probably the least fussy gun I have ever seen when it comes to ammo. My "go-to" ammo is CCI Mini-Mags (40 gr solids) but even with cheap bulk pack Federal ammo, it shoots really nice. With Wolff match grade standard velocity ammo, my normal 50 yard group is 1/4" with 3/8" being the norm with CCIs (from a bench rest of course).

CZ is much like Ruger because they design their 22 bolt rifles just like their centerfires ... very well made and nothing but steel parts. The stock is Turkish walnut with a beautiful grain. Overall fit and finish exceeds any normal production 22 bolt rifle. I adjusted the trigger for a 3 lb pull (very crisp by the way) and couldn't be happier with it. A few months ago, I stumbled on a new 10 round magazine at gun show so now I have the factory 5 rounder for bench rest shooting and a 10 rounder (also a CZ mag) for hunting. BTW, CZ magazines are built like a tank ... no wimpy sheet metal or plastic, just a solid chunk of steel.

I'm real fussy about my guns ... if they aren't accurate enough, they get modified or take a trip. The CZ 452 .... right out of the box, far exceeded my expectations in every respect and the only thing I've done to it was mount a scope and adjust the trigger.

I think about $350 is the going retail rate for a 452 E ... however the walnut stock models are a bit more.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James, I have the same rifle but without the threaded barrel. The threads can be used for a flash suppressor or a true suppressor (silencer).

Done what? Used what?
Sorry mate, was thinking, what would be an appropriate suppressor (true) for this rifle?

How do either of you guys like the handling of that CZ 452-2E ZKM ? I am looking at one that will be up for auction next weekend. Anything I should know...good or bad ? And will you share the approximate cost of yours? I don't want to misjudge my bidding.
Thanks,
AL
I bought mine second hand about eighteen months ago.
It was ? about 12 years old, low mileage and I knew the complete history.
Very accurate and nice timber.

·
18,540 Posts
James6591, Are suppressors even legal in AU? Here in the good ol' US of A, suppressor manufacturers need a special BATFE license to make them and BATFE places many controls on them. This makes suppressors very expensive. To buy one, you have to apply for a Class III tax stamp, which must be approved by local law enforcement. Once you get the tax stamp ($200) you can then buy a suppressor, which are typically $300 or more. So ... it will cost more than $500 in total.

Some mechanical issues .... make sure you know what threads are on your rifle. Although 1/2"x24 tpi is the most common, there are many other sizes available. In order for a silencer to work on your rifle, it must be made for a 22 cal bullet. Any hole size larger than 1/4" isn't going to be effective.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
James6591, Are suppressors even legal in AU? Here in the good ol' US of A, suppressor manufacturers need a special BATFE license to make them and BATFE places many controls on them. This makes suppressors very expensive. To buy one, you have to apply for a Class III tax stamp, which must be approved by local law enforcement. Once you get the tax stamp ($200) you can then buy a suppressor, which are typically $300 or more. So ... it will cost more than $500 in total.

Some mechanical issues .... make sure you know what threads are on your rifle. Although 1/2"x24 tpi is the most common, there are many other sizes available. In order for a silencer to work on your rifle, it must be made for a 22 cal bullet. Any hole size larger than 1/4" isn't going to be effective.
Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks,
AL
I believe all CZ rimfires have that designation on the receiver. It could be an American, Varmint, Style, LUX, Ultra LUX, Scout, Or Mannlicher. All have different prices, ranging from $250 used to $500 NIB

CZ rimfires come in many different configurations. Beech stocks, Plastic stocks, Walnut stocks, 16 in threaded barrel 20 in, 22 in, 24 in and 28 in barrels, American style stocks, European stocks, and Mannlicher stocks. They also come in the 452, 453, and 455. The 452-453 has been discontinued but still available, but getting scarcer by the day. If you want a CZ rimfire, I would suggest finding one to handle, but in my opinion they all feel great. I have three 452 Americans, one is the 16in threaded barrel, I have a 452 Lux, and a 455 Varmint, and they are all very accurate. If you ever buy one, you will want to buy another. A good site to look at for more info:

http://www.cz-usa.com/

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.