Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a old 1022, but it wasnt until today that I realized how old it is. The serial number is130, and it is in about 98% condition. I was wondering if the low serial number increases the value, and if so what is it worth.

·
Banned
437 Posts
I'm interested ...how much?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Cool...very nice rifle!!!

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
:D:D:D I'll start the bidding at $10.:D:D:D Of course, I'm just kidding. THAT is one AWESOME find pal. I'd put that away for the "rainy day fund".

I'd do a little research to see what the value is, but I bet it's a LOT more than the rifle cost when it was first sold.

CONGRATS!!!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
This may also affect the value:

Yours is one of only 452 10/22's produced in the first year - 1964.

In the second year of production (1965) about 22,500 10/22's were produced.

Your low serial number of a small batch of the First Year production may increase it's value because of the scarcity of first year guns. Add to that the fine condition of the gun.

You need to keep it safe and take care of it. OR

You almost need to think about going to a Ruger Collectors Group and putting it up for auction. You may get enough for several 10/22's?

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
I've got a five digit serial number 10/22 (1965) in mint condition that I will never sell. Yes, I suspect being that early of a gun may make it more valuable to a collector, but it's one heck of a lot more valuable to me staying right where it is and, make no mistake, I do shoot it. Just something special about having one of those early carbines. Think of it this way: the odds of you finding another one that early are pretty remote. Enjoy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Let me put it another way: you have #130 out of 5,700,000+ produced so far to date. Congratulations on such an early find. I'd like to see some close-ups if possible.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I've got a five digit serial number 10/22 (1965) in mint condition that I will never sell. Yes, I suspect being that early of a gun may make it more valuable to a collector, but it's one heck of a lot more valuable to me staying right where it is and, make no mistake, I do shoot it. Just something special about having one of those early carbines. Think of it this way: the odds of you finding another one that early are pretty remote. Enjoy.
I have my father-in-law's vintage 1966 rifle. I'd never sell it. Knowing the stories of how he bought it and some of the great shots he made with it is priceless.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Cannot imagine selling something that was really close to the beginning of a hugely successful firearm. Keep it safe, keep it clean and every once in a while, say "wow" this is really special.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You almost need to think about going to a Ruger Collectors Group and putting it up for auction. You may get enough for several 10/22's?
That would be me. Three or four new 10/22's, with top end gadgets and trigger assemblies, premium scopes and rings, and a picture, a nice big one, of their great grandfather, good 'ole #130, hanging on the wall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for all the responses. I don't plan on selling it I was just trying to get an idea of value. It is too cool to sell. I will try to get some more pictures soon

·
Banned
437 Posts
Even if it were BNIB with a mint box and all paperwork I doubt it would bring $1000. Anyone with valid reference / input please feel free to disagree.

Thank you for all the responses. I don't plan on selling it I was just trying to get an idea of value. It is too cool to sell. I will try to get some more pictures soon
I'll give $350 for it ...if that helps with value. If you are just going to shoot it, you can buy a new one for $200 and pocket $150. :D Of course 3 digit S/N are not nearly as valuable as 1-2 digit. IIRC have a 3 3 digit guns (and IIRC didn't pay over ~$400 for any of them) ...several 4 digit (which were in the $300-350 range) ...and a plethora of 5-6 digit guns (that were $200-250). Now these prices are for carbines in very good (but used) condition. NIB will definitely add to the prices I gave. (Internationals and Finger Groove Sporters demand a sizable premium ...and checkered an additional premium on top of that)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts