Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of those guns that sits quietly on your list, and then it comes along. An honest, sturdy, working gun that is just special in some way. The frame size, the trigger, the balance. The look.

My first gun of 2022. A 1972, 357, 6.5 barrel. Can't wait to try it out. Had to share a couple of pics with you all.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
501 Posts
NICE Revolver! You'll enjoy that one for sure.
I don't have a 3-screw .357 Blackhawk (YET), but do have .41 mag. (check my avatar) and .45 LC. Have been on the look-out for a .357, but so far haven't found one.

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Very Nice ! You'll Like It ...

That was my first also ... a three screw , 6 1/2" barreled Blackhawk in 357 magnum ...
But the year was 1972 ... me and the Blackhawk were much younger then .
She's still my favorite ... see my avatar ...
We still go out dancing whenever we can ... Treat her well and she won't let you down!
Gary

·
Registered
14 Posts
Love mine! No transfer bar, made in 1970.
It’s 4 5/8 and is by far my favorite handgun. Now I’m looking for a 41mag or 45 LC in the same barrel length.
Have fun with it.
Ray

·
Registered
778 Posts
I’m not a fan of the .357 but that doesn’t take anything away from a three screw Blackhawk ! Old girl is in good shape for a half century old….

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
18,352 Posts
I'm a big fan of 357 Mags .... especially in Ruger Single Action Blackhawks. I have several New Model BHs and two Old Model BHs. My overall favorite is a 6 1/2" with a brass grip frame. My 6 1/2" OM Convertible comes in at a close second.

Reactions: HairyBee
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.