Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
never seen that one, but i do like robert mitchum. i'll have to see if netflix instant has it.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
I can still sing the lyrics to that song ... learned it back in the 60s ... can't get it out of my head.

Mrs. Liberal & I are huge Robert Mitchum fans.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have a friend out on the Chesapeake who is a big fan of the movie. So much so that he named his fishing boat "Thunder Road".

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
In the 1960s often traveled Kingston Pike when heading west out of Knoxville.

Thunder Road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Factual background
The film was based loosely on an incident in which a driver transporting moonshine was said to have crashed to his death on Kingston Pike in Knoxville, Tennessee between Bearden Hill and Morrell Road. Per Metro Pulse writer Jack Renfro, the incident occurred in 1952 and may have been witnessed by James Agee, who passed the story on to Mitchum.

I recall Mitchum in the original CAPE FEAR

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have loved it since I was a kid. First saw it at the local drive-in(Rainbow Drive in Gadsden, Al). Had the 45 to listen to. A few months back ordered the DVD through Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Great movie. Mitchum's oldest son played the part of his Brother.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Love that movie...haven't seen it in a while.

I was a Louis Prima & Keely Smith fan back in the day. I must say, Keely Smith was a much better singer than actress as evidenced by her role in the movie.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I honestly remember my favorite line from the movie, just don't remember who said it, just that it was a young guy, probably hungry and in a hurry. His mealtime blessing: "Good bread, good meat, good God, let's eat!" Mitchum backhands him for that.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I honestly remember my favorite line from the movie, just don't remember who said it, just that it was a young guy, probably hungry and in a hurry. His mealtime blessing: "Good bread, good meat, good God, let's eat!" Mitchum backhands him for that.
His mom backhands him.:p

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Five years ago when I drove back to see an old Army buddy in North Carolina I shot the Cap at Cumberline and streamed through Maynardville, TN. If you drive the route he took its out of sequence and you have to double back.

·
Registered
691 Posts
my older brother had a 1957 ford 2 door coupe with 3 two barrel carbs(i think?), the movie allways reminded me of that car. i've watched that movie since i was a kid, many,many years ago

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my older brother had a 1957 ford 2 door coupe with 3 two barrel carbs(i think?), the movie allways reminded me of that car. i've watched that movie since i was a kid, many,many years ago
Oh, tri-power carbs. Gotta love it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts