Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next item on my shopping list is a new trigger group. I can't decide between the two. I hear a lot of good about both of these, has anyone had any problems with them?

·
Registered
597 Posts
The next item on my shopping list is a new trigger group. I can't decide between the two. I hear a lot of good about both of these, has anyone had any problems with them?
Installed the KIDD Trigger group. Really easy and now my shots are accurate as ever. Nice 1.5lb pull. Smooth and crisp. I am willing to get another one if I buy another 10/22

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Kidd is about the best you can go with but it's not necessarily the best choice. Match the trigger quality with that of the rest of the build.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree with the Kidd. There are lots of weight and pull choices. I opted for 2-stage trigger group which was drop in. Very nice light pull with consistent weight.

·
Master of EngRish
317 Posts
I put the timney in my dads rifle and it does feel nice and haven't had an issue with it. I don't have a Kidd complete group but I do have the kidd trigger job kit in one of my rifles and for the price it's nice for a drop in crisp trigger. I also have a Brimstone gunsmithing tier 1 on my heavy target rifle and it's by far my favorite if you're shooting from the bench and the price is reasonable and they have a decent turn around time.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I put a Timney drop-in one piece action into a new 10/22 carbine build that I just completed. The Timney unit was on sale. The installation was very simple and went with any issues. I took the build to the range last week to check it out. I really like the Timney trigger and extended mag release.

YMMV.

Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kidd is about the best out there....but why not have someone do a trigger job on it for you....Like maybe Brimstone....? Unless you are shooting competitive matches you won't know the differences and it would save you about $150....a tier 2 job is $70

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Kidd is about the best out there....but why not have someone do a trigger job on it for you....Like maybe Brimstone....? Unless you are shooting competitive matches you won't know the differences and it would save you about $150....a tier 2 job is $70
ditto

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I have both the Kidd and the VQ and really like both.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Depends on the depth of your pockets....I can't afford a KIDD or I would have one...in fact if money allowed I would have a KIDD rifle...so I went and had Brimstone do a tier 2 trigger job for me....Not the least bit sorry either...will put it up against any other build here......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts