Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a load for 9mm 124gr LRN using TiteGroup in my SR9.
Lee's 2nd ed. reloading manual has no listing for TG. List every powder but what I have.
The powders I do have are TG, HS-6, Universal, Unique. Accur#5 is on it's way.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I dont shoot an SR9 but a Beretta PX4. I have been using 4.0 gr with 124 gr xtreme for a couple of years and like the reliability. It goes bang and into the target every time. Titegroup is quite touchy, though, so watch your COL. I started at 3.8 and it was a little soft for my taste.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've tried TG in a bunch of calibers and have yet to get good results with it. .380acp up to .44mag snubby loads, got nowhere with it. For 9mm wait for AA-5 or use HS-6. I use AA-5 for my short-barrel 10mm load and like it a lot. For my "Hot" 9mm I use Viht 3N37.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Looking for a load for 9mm 124gr LRN using TiteGroup in my SR9.
Lee's 2nd ed. reloading manual has no listing for TG. List every powder but what I have.
The powders I do have are TG, HS-6, Universal, Unique. Accur#5 is on it's way.
Nam Vet, I use Hodgdons load data from their annual reloading manual (website also) using upper end load data for lead bullets for the plated I normally use. I load with Universal, Titegroup, Unique & CFE Pistol.

All worked well, but I had my best accuracy with CFE Pistol.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,048 Posts
Nam Vet, TiteGroup burns too fast for 9mm. You will get better accuracy and much better function with a mid-burn rate powder such as Unique, Universal, AA#5, or Power Pistol.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Power Pistol is a very versatile commonly-available powder. I've used it in .380, 9mm, .38spcl + P, .357mag (snubby load) and 10mm. Good stuff indeed. My 115gr 9mm Winchester JHP load clocked 1,220 fps using Speer's max load from Glock 19.

·
Registered
786 Posts
4.2g TiteGroup under a plated Xtreme 124g hp at 1.15" OAL runs about 135pf and is very accurate and soft shooting out of my M&P pro with a 5" barrel. 3.8 to 4.2 seem to be popular loads for a 124g bullet.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info. Going to try AA#5. Looking for load data for Unique.

·
Registered
525 Posts
4.0gr of TG behind a 124gr pill works for me.

For lead pills, I think I was using 3.3gr TG. I'd have to look up the books for the exact load. Been shooting 9mm jacketed 99% of the time now.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
3.8-4.0. My start load was 3.8 under bayou 124g.

And I disagree with TG being too fast for 9mm. Its worked very well for me for my IDPA loads. Its why I bought 30+ pounds of it.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Going to load 124gr lead PC with AA#5 this weekend.
Went to the range Sunday with 115gr LRN loaded with 4.2 TG. No feeding problems in my SR9, and no problem knocking down steel plates at 20 yards. So far TG working great for me.
Made big holes in some bowling pins with my 45LC 8.7gr Unique 250gr LRNFP.
Having a blast reloading. I appreciate all the help I'm getting from all of you.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My fav load is 4.0 under a 124/125 gr.

For my 9mm revolver I dumb it down to 3.7 gr.

Look at Hodgdon.com - they have titegroup loads -

Their range is 3.6-4.0 for a 125 gr LCN

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Going to load 124gr lead PC with AA#5 this weekend.
Went to the range Sunday with 115gr LRN loaded with 4.2 TG. No feeding problems in my SR9, and no problem knocking down steel plates at 20 yards. So far TG working great for me.
Made big holes in some bowling pins with my 45LC 8.7gr Unique 250gr LRNFP.
Having a blast reloading. I appreciate all the help I'm getting from all of you.
Glad to here its working well for you & more importantly, your having a great time doing it.

My wife swears we shoot so often so I can reload.:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts