Ruger Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used 4.0 grains TiteGroup with 124 grain plated bullets for a nice soft 9mm load. I also used 2.8 grain with 100 grain .380 for an accurate mild recoil load, and 4.4 grain with a 230 grain coated 45ACP. Liked all three loads per my notes.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Any one user this as multiple pistol powder? I'm tying to work up some for several calibers, but finding info on one of the bullets has been a bear. Trying a 115gr nosler jhp and only can find hornady load data. Any suggestions? I'm thinking 4.7gr with COAL of 1.060. What say the choir? Can I get an amen? Or am I going to have to keep searching?
If you are looking for a Multiple Pistol powder ... Titegroup isn't that well suited for the application . It's a fast burning target powder like Bullseye and develops too much pressure to rapidly to be a good fit .
I hate to say it but Unique is what would be ideally suited for the job . Another that might be acceptable is AA#5 , both are a little slower and would develop lower pressures with acceptable velocities .
Gary

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,087 Posts
Without a doubt, Power Pistol is the most universal powder you can find. Not only is it good with different cartridges, it works well in the same cartridge from light target loads up to near magnum loads. BE-86 is the same powder only with additives that help prevent muzzle flash and bore fouling.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,087 Posts
My only issue with BE-86 is .... there aren't very many loads listed for it. I'm sure that will change with future editions of popular reloading manuals.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts