Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Received my performance kit from TK the other day and was able to install everything besides the LCI. The kanewolf I couldn't get to actually sling back like its supposed to and doesn't seem like (with a mag in) that the bolt isn't locking back like it should either? Did I miss something here? Seems like the spring ins't "springy" enough and just locks where you put it?

Also, what do you all recommend to get that stupid screw/rod out for the LCI I cant find anything at the house and have a good magnet but it won't budge?

Thanks!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I went through 3 KW slide releases before I got one to work. Just remove the spring and plunger from the original and use it. That normally works for most people.

Do a search on LCI replacement. There's probably a 100 posts out there about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Slide kickback with an empty mag is a function of the follower in the magazine. It pushes the slide release up into lock. If you have tried it with other magazines and they all do the same thing, I'd look at the Kanewolf release piece and make sure you got it in correctly.

The original slingshot was just to remove the spring and ball from the factory part. In that mod, Gravity is what causes the release to drop when you pull the bolt back. So the attitude of the pistol is important (vertical) to get the release to work. Because the Kanewolf mod uses the spring up top it will always push the release down when pressure is removed (bolt is pulled back.) So again I'd say look at the part you installed and make sure that it is installed correctly and moves freely.

When I did my LCI replacement I just grabbed the top of the pin with a pair of hemostats and pulled it out. Didn't have to try to use a magnet. So I don't know what to suggest for that one...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slide kickback with an empty mag is a function of the follower in the magazine. It pushes the slide release up into lock. If you have tried it with other magazines and they all do the same thing, I'd look at the Kanewolf release piece and make sure you got it in correctly.

The original slingshot was just to remove the spring and ball from the factory part. In that mod, Gravity is what causes the release to drop when you pull the bolt back. So the attitude of the pistol is important (vertical) to get the release to work. Because the Kanewolf mod uses the spring up top it will always push the release down when pressure is removed (bolt is pulled back.) So again I'd say look at the part you installed and make sure that it is installed correctly and moves freely.

When I did my LCI replacement I just grabbed the top of the pin with a pair of hemostats and pulled it out. Didn't have to try to use a magnet. So I don't know what to suggest for that one...
Im taking it out to the range tonight to see if works better after running some rounds through it. Also, the kanewolf does move freely per say, but it acts like it is working against a lot of friction as opposed to something almost friction free. I still have to manually release the bolt with it locked open.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good luck. It still sounds like there is something there that is not quite right. Even without the spring and ball you should be able to get the release to drop just by pulling the bolt back with the pistol oriented vertically. If not, something is rubbing where it should not. I spent a year shooting mine a LOT before I got the Kanewolf mod and I'd not go back to the original...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hello all,

Received my performance kit from TK the other day and was able to install everything besides the LCI. The kanewolf I couldn't get to actually sling back like its supposed to and doesn't seem like (with a mag in) that the bolt isn't locking back like it should either? Did I miss something here? Seems like the spring ins't "springy" enough and just locks where you put it?

Also, what do you all recommend to get that stupid screw/rod out for the LCI I cant find anything at the house and have a good magnet but it won't budge?

Thanks!
there are many good videos on youtube, watch a couple, I got one of the first kanewolf slingshot mods from TK, and it was easy to put in and has functioned well now for over 2 years and over 3000 rounds. I felt the LCI was useful and functional, I clean my pistol after each use and have never had any loading or ejection problems, so eliminating something that is a good reminder that there is a live round in the chamber is ill advised.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there are many good videos on youtube, watch a couple, I got one of the first kanewolf slingshot mods from TK, and it was easy to put in and has functioned well now for over 2 years and over 3000 rounds. I felt the LCI was useful and functional, I clean my pistol after each use and have never had any loading or ejection problems, so eliminating something that is a good reminder that there is a live round in the chamber is ill advised.
TK is sending me a new spring assembly for the Kanewolf to try. If its still a problem then I may go back to original and just deal with it. Or maybe I'll buy another 22/45 :D:D:D haha I replaced the firing pin and extractor and those two actually have made a world of difference. I should be getting the new detent spring today will install tonight and try to get to the range this weekend and run a few rounds through it. Overall I have been very pleased with the 22/45. Just needs a little love and TLC. looking forward to starting some steel matches and competitions this summer!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Went the spring and detent route and it didn't help. Maybe you'll be luckier than me. I will say that TK will stick with you until it's right.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I went the way of simply removing the detente and spring. The gravity slingshot mod has worked flawlessly for me. I also kept my LCI as it wasn't really causing any issues. I think a lot of blame is put on the LCI for break in issues that truly are not related to the LCI. Keeping you gun clean and lubed during break in is essential.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts