Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browns win. WOOHOO !! Cleveland 34 Cincinnati 24 Final. I know that those of you who are not in the Cleveland television market havent seen all the games this year, and only see the scores, so you dont really have any idea how the Browns are playing, but other than dropped passes, they are playing well, and have alot of young talent. The Defense is excellent, the team has been penalized less than in many years previous, and their 1-5 record doesnt really reflect what they are capable of. So... HERE WE GO BROWNIES... HERE WE GO !!

Post your comments below, and I know you all will be civil...

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Browns win. WOOHOO !! Cleveland 34 Cincinnati 24 Final. I know that those of you who are not in the Cleveland television market havent seen all the games this year, and only see the scores, so you dont really have any idea how the Browns are playing, but other than dropped passes, they are playing well, and have alot of young talent. The Defense is excellent, the team has been penalized less than in many years previous, and their 1-5 record doesnt really reflect what they are capable of. So... HERE WE GO BROWNIES... HERE WE GO !!

hey, changing sports on you for a moment, do/have you follow/ed baseball over the decades? reason i ask is that i used to follow the indians quite enthusiastically as a kid (especially a kid in montana), because my mom was one of andre thornton's middle school teachers, and when i was collecting baseball cards she saw the andre thornton card, recognized him, and we wrote to him. got all sorts of cool stuff, including a personal letter, autographed pics, an open invitation to indians games, etc. just wondering if you pay attention to baseball and maybe hear anything through the grapevine about what he's doing. i think when he retired he chose to stay in cleveland.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Am I the only one who does not care about football either high school college or pro. I grew up working every sat and sun during high school and Monday night football did not start until i was in high school and I attended a college without a football team and again worked all day sat and sun. I am curious if other forum members do not care about football in the least.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts

I didn't think football and civil went together. LOL

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
browns win. Woohoo !! .. Here we go brownies... Here we go !!
WOOF WOOF!!!

Love it. Say what you want about the Browns, but you can't call us front-runners. :)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey, changing sports on you for a moment, do/have you follow/ed baseball over the decades? reason i ask is that i used to follow the indians quite enthusiastically as a kid (especially a kid in montana), because my mom was one of andre thornton's middle school teachers, and when i was collecting baseball cards she saw the andre thornton card, recognized him, and we wrote to him. got all sorts of cool stuff, including a personal letter, autographed pics, an open invitation to indians games, etc. just wondering if you pay attention to baseball and maybe hear anything through the grapevine about what he's doing. i think when he retired he chose to stay in cleveland.
No, Im sorry I dont. To watch baseball on tv I need so much coffee, its a danger to my health. Sorry

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Da Browns

Up here in North Dakota we're mostly Vikings or Packers fans. But I've always liked the Browns ever since me and my pals would swipe bubble gum cards from the local grocery store in the 50's. I think it was those plane white uniforms and the orange helmets !!:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Am I the only one who does not care about football either high school college or pro. I grew up working every sat and sun during high school and Monday night football did not start until i was in high school and I attended a college without a football team and again worked all day sat and sun. I am curious if other forum members do not care about football in the least.
No, you're not by yourself. I'm not really into any of the sports. But seeing on our local news a bit ago at least Cinci didn't get tromped like the Indy Chokers (Colts). I always say we could save money if all Sports Wear here just said "Indiana Chokers" on them and would cover all sports!!!!! :D

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I'm currently in a small town in Washington state and the only game in town was a high school football game so I went. For three bucks I got entertained for three hours. The local team won 41 to 7. One rusher rushed for five touchdowns. The punter kept kicking line drives into the end zone and the opponent had to start from the 20 yard line every time. They only made two first downs and their punter was terrible and only got it across their own 45 yard line once. The entire game was played on one side of the field except for the last drive when they made a touchdown.

I love football and will watch any game in town.:)

·
Registered
530 Posts
I grew up a Giants fan my best friend a Browns fan. wouldn't you know the only time the browns beat the giants was right before my wedding so he included that little bit of information in his toast. So I have to hear about every year when we watch the wedding video on our anniversary.

Dosn't matter to much now cause I don't watch to many sports anymore.

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
They did better than my patriots. Oh well next week on to the Jets.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You should order and enjoy the fond memories from this book: The 1980 Kardiac Kids - A Season of Destiny, A Moment of Despair... A Lifetime of Memories.

Because aside from those hard fought days the Clowns suck. Their top caliber players probably couldn't start for the best average team in the league. Hey, they won a game...against the Ben-gals. Have you watched any of the top caliber teams this season? I'm not sure they could beat Ohio State, let alone Alabama. Having been a fan since I was a teenager born and raised in Cleveland, I still tune in. Yes, I sat in the stands of old Cleveland stadium in the cold rain and watched them play Dan Meredith and his Dallas Cowboys. Unfortunately today, I normally watch 2 quarters and the game is over. Browns fans are loyal, but when it runs into "not the same shit again", one begins to loose focus. At this point in the franchise, all I wish for is they be competitive. Didn't the mighty Mike Holmgrem promise to put a winning team on the field? To many broken promises by owners, coaches and players. Sorry, I'm not biting the hook anymore. I'm not seeing it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts