Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the weekend off, but it was just too hot outside to enjoy outdoor activities. I had chores to do around the house, and in-laws were coming to visit Saturday night. I decided to use my free time to work on some handguns. I recently bought some Flitz metal polish to use on my Charger's trigger group. Using a rotary tool and a bullet shaped felt polishing bit smoothed up the sear and hammer nicely. A lighter trigger return spring from Wolffs contributed to a nice, clean trigger break. I thought some of my other guns (and knives) would benefit from a little attention. A couple of stainless revolvers got a cleanup. A couple of semi autos got feed ramps, barrel hoods, extractors, and other parts touched up. The Flitz is non-abrasive and doesn't remove material, it just leaves a smooth and slick surface. The Star BM surplus Spanish police pistol I got a year ago really looks a lot better. I'd rather be shooting, but it was time well spent. Even a couple of knives got sharpened and the blades polished. Now I find myself looking for things that need smoothing up. I see some rifle bolts and more feed ramps in my future...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts