Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Righteous Dude
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my first gun show in TN.

These shows, the two that I know of in the Knoxville area, advertise monthly via billboards. My parents are with me visiting from NY. My father and I went to the show in Chilhowee.

I was pretty impressed. Compared the shows that occurred two or three times back home, this show was quite enjoyable. I didn't buy anything, but I enjoyed looking at firearms, knives, reloading supplies, and other gear. I was particularly interested in reloading supplies (I am collecting gear and supplies).

I enjoyed myself and the folk. I am really loving my new state. I also like knowing that I have something I can do once a month if I want.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,320 Posts
Add this to your list of things that make you not miss the Big Apple :D

·
Righteous Dude
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm tempted to go back. There were a few supplies I thought I should have picked up. Powder, brass, and ammo cans were all tempting...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Neon Horse, glad to read you moved from NY to Tennessee, and reading the part about the gunshow is fantastic. I hope you had a wonderful time at the Gunshow with Dad, hopefully he enjoyed the time with you there.

·
Righteous Dude
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Neon Horse, glad to read you moved from NY to Tennessee, and reading the part about the gunshow is fantastic. I hope you had a wonderful time at the Gunshow with Dad, hopefully he enjoyed the time with you there.
Thank you, sir! :) I am living the life! :)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Gun shows can be something positive if you go in not expecting anything. They're a place for impulse buys and the dealers depend on that. They're generally not a place for the best prices. There's always the chance although the dealers will often grab the best deals pre-show. They can be the place to perhaps find that odd ball model which is why I go. The almost certainty is you'll find a table full of junk over-polished knives, someone with a a bunch of jewelry, a snack food jerky guy an a crowd of camp clad, dumb shirt wearing, non-showered aisle clogging storytellers.
Have one coming up here next weekend I may go to depending on weather and how bored I am. More for chuckle actor than anything. Go in looking for a few parts and maybe a particular rifle or two but otherwise, it's just to kill a day.

·
Righteous Dude
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you summed it up! :) :D

I find it all entertaining and I do look out for those odd things I want for the right price... most things there were overpriced.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,892 Posts
Every time I see the title to this thread I think it should be "To The Gunshow!! Away!!!" and I picture NH sliding down the pole to his stable and saddling up his mare for a ride into town. He might even break into a canter.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Neon, Have a good time and enjoy.

Let us know how rim fire prices are going. Would be interesting to know if they are down from the 80 to 100 per brick from 6 months ago.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Glad it was worthwhile NH, the ones I've gone to here in Cali are basically worthless.

·
Righteous Dude
21,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Every time I see the title to this thread I think it should be "To The Gunshow!! Away!!!" and I picture NH sliding down the pole to his stable and saddling up his mare for a ride into town. He might even break into a canter.
This is exactly what happens. It's how I start every trip! :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts