Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched crossfire trail again the other day and it is always a good movie. Highly reccomend it as it is a good story and seems to have the guns down as right for the period. Guns that i can identify were the schofield top-break, colt black powder conversion revolver, winchester 1876 with full or musket stock, spencer rifle, colt single action army, remington army, and the one bugging me the most is a rifle that i just don't know what it is.

If you have seen this movie, the hired gun uses a scoped bolt action rifle to snipe one of the good guys. The rifle is long barreled, with an old time scope side mounted on the left side. it is a short straight bolt handle much like a mosin-nagant, but instead of a box magazine, there appears to be a loading port there for tube feed like an 870 shotgun. Anybody got any ideas as to what this rifle is?
They seem to had gone to great pains with keeping to authinticity with the other weapons in this movie, so i figure this one must be from the same time period. Any ideas????

·
Registered
431 Posts
'Bout has to be a Mauser, doesn't it. I think they were the only ones around in that time period.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
quote:Originally posted by theSaj

Anyone recall what rifle was used in the movie "Quigley Down Under" (or the revolvers?)
It was a Sharps, but I don't recall the caliber off hand. Most of the black powder revolvers were Colts.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
believe it was a 45-110.

A great movie that my family got me for Christmas a few years back!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
haven't seen crosstrail will have to check into that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Have you heard that Tom donated several of those guns to NRA for display in their Museum recently? Go to their website and you can learn about the guns.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
selleck has been a good spokesman for the 2A. He handled being ambushed by rosie on the gun issue years back very well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts