Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I feel defiled. I feel dirty. I feel like I was ROBBED that's how I feel!!:( I sent a Ruger pistol back to the factory and the UPS postage was $56 !!!!They didn't use a whole lot of vaseline there!! After I sent it on the scales she said that'll be $15. Then she said OOPs it's a handgun-- Has to go NDA. That'll be $56. I bout had a heart seizure!![xx(][:0] I sure hope Ruger fixes it right the first time........[V][xx(]:([B)]

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Yeah, UPS rips you off on handguns. I did manage to send a couple this past year and they only charged me ground rates. But, then the last one cost me $40 something dollors. Ridiculous!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've begun to believe that gun owners are the one group that can be legally discriminated against.
We get it from all angles. Private and public, commercial and government, family and friends.

There are many times I wish I could go back in time to a simpler, nicer era.

Joe

·
Registered
431 Posts
The reason you have to pay for NDA on a firearm is because their people steal, so, essentially, you pay extra to keep their employees from robbing you. Makes sense, huh.

You might try USPS next time.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
79 Posts
You have to be a dealer to use the post Office, Fed regs. Where did you send it from? I'm about to send one. I hear UPS would be the best bet. If I go through a dealer, I'll have to add another $20 each way.

Jman

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Jman8182, yeah we get stuck in the middle on shipping. Kinda between the dog and a tree. But I've done some favors for the guy at my local gun shop, and became friends so he ships at cost for me, same receiving if I purchase something from internet. I just don't do it too often so as not to strain his friendship. USPS is the only was to go, even if you have to pay $20 to send through your dealer. He should give you a break by not charging you both ways.

·
Registered
404 Posts
last time I used Fed-ex and it was about $38

·
Registered
99 Posts
It costs me right at $75.00 to send one UPS! They add on "Fuel surcharge", "Rural Delivery Surcharge" (this was to an Army Base in Kansas), and whatever other EXTRA charges they can think up!
And the worst part is they act like you are doing something WRONG by sending "A GUN!!!" !

·
Registered
143 Posts
MAkdaddy, I feel for ya' man. That's a lot of money. I might have this figured out though, I took the guy who ownes my local UPS Store to the range thispast week and let him throw a few hundred rounds down range. He had a great time! Maybe you should try to convert your local UPS store guy.

-Hammer

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I don't really care for FedX but they are the best from what I hear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts