Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a 10/22 take down locally and pulled the trigger! The 10/22 Take Downs have been pretty popular around my area and very difficult to find. Happen to try a local Dick's Sporting Goods and they happened to have two in stock and now they have only one! :D

I have been really anxious to get a hold of a 10/22 and really liked the Take Down concept. Funny, but I have not seen any other 10/22's in most places I have looked either. Popular. I am looking forward to firing this at the range in the next day or so. Now I'm looking forward to getting some hi-cap mags for it.

Woot! :p

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
It should be a whole lotta fun... Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Love my TD. Light, accurate, reliable......

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
They are not too hard to find around these parts. I suspect that the next time I get a hankerin' for a new 10/22, the TD might be at or near the top of my list.

If you haven't seen Hickok45's youtube videos on the takedown, they are worth a watch.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Congrats.

I am curious. It seems that a lot of folks are looking for the take down. If I may, what was your reasoning for wanting a take down rifle. The only use I see for it is if you are an avid backpacker and use it for hunting when out in the field for long periods of time. Just curious.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats.

I am curious. It seems that a lot of folks are looking for the take down. If I may, what was your reasoning for wanting a take down rifle. The only use I see for it is if you are an avid backpacker and use it for hunting when out in the field for long periods of time. Just curious.
I would say for me there was a "cool" factor that it comes apart. Another factor for me was that since it does come apart it is easier to pack off to the range with my other range bag. I suppose a day may come when I strap it to a pack and head out into the wilderness, but really the the compact carry to the range for me.

Thanks for the kind words and welcome! Am excited to get this out and shoot it. Looking at some additional mags and would like to get a scope for it.

Anyone have a recommendation for a scope? I am thinking of something that matches the economics of this gun and is not too large to fit in the bag.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would say for me there was a "cool" factor that it comes apart. Another factor for me was that since it does come apart it is easier to pack off to the range with my other range bag. I suppose a day may come when I strap it to a pack and head out into the wilderness, but really the the compact carry to the range for me.

Thanks for the kind words and welcome! Am excited to get this out and shoot it. Looking at some additional mags and would like to get a scope for it.

Anyone have a recommendation for a scope? I am thinking of something that matches the economics of this gun and is not too large to fit in the bag.

I like the Nikon Rimfire scopes. Very clear optics and won't cost you an arm and a leg. However if you want to go cheap a Tasco from Wally World will do. Some people also like red dots on the TD models.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got the takedown too recently. I was undecided and then thought I would get the All Weather model. Then I went for the Takedown. For me it was because:

1) The cool factor
2) Thought I will never need the takedown feature but just in case better to have it
3) Would have probably spent $40 or so on a case anyhow and now I don't need one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I purchased on a few months ago. Local dealer got twelve from Ruger Rep. They went fast at $299.99.
I added a Nikon 22 rifle scope.
You will be very pleased on how accurate they are.
It is a very small & easy to travel with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took a look at some Nikon scopes tonight and really liked them. Model suggestion? I was looking at a couple but not sure what fits.

·
Registered
35 Posts
TD + 15 mags on triconnectors
Neos + 15 mags
1000 rnds of extra ammo
All in one light and easy to carry bag makes for the perfect bug out bag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts