Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to the range to day for the first time,I can say for sure that I really like my Mini 14,was shooting Factory Hornady Superformance Varmint 55gr.VMax 223 it took a few half a box but I managed to get it down to 1 1/2-2in at 50yds.with the odd flier and that's with the cheap Ruger sights,can't wait for my new Tech sights to come,Also got a new bushing from binrat that I will be installing,and have a Accustrut coming so hoping to keep it dialed in at 1in at 50.My range only goes to 80yds. and I tried a few shots but it was hard to see the dot with these 65 year old eyes,So for the first time out I'm happy.I can see how you can go through rounds like the brown stuff through a baby.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I tried a cheap LER scope on my Mini. It lasted 1 outing before I ditched it for Tech Sights that are mounted on it. Just way more fun for me hitting the targets with iron sights.
You would be correct about the ability of shooting large volume of bullets while having fun with theses guns. I hold back to 120 per session with mine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went through 60 in no time,and that wasn't rapid fire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts