Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I decided to go scout a new area I've been eyeing for a possible hunting place today. Since it's deer season here in Florida, I took my new American out with me. I didn't get to shoot anything, I didn't even see anything, but the rifle was a dream to carry around. It is by far the lightest hunting firearm I have. It was also misting rain a little. I bought the rifle for just these types of hunts. I wasn't worried about a wood stock getting wet, but I still need to wipe down the blued areas. Anyway, I wish I had a great hunting story, but I didn't see anything and the area turned out to be a bust. Oh well, I still need to check out a few other places and the American will definantly be coming with me.

It makes me wish I lived in an area were I could go on more stalk type hunts.

Shaun

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Sounds like my hunting season in PA. Except my shoulder was aching 'cause of the much heavier M77, LOL. Hey, good luck huntin', hope your season's better 'an mine!;)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It's a nice rifle; mine is a .308 and once it was sighted in at 100yds, the other hash marks make it possible for me to quickly go up to 500yds if necessary. Tried it up to 300yds & it hit where I aim.

Good luck with yours, whatever the caliber...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope I can get lucky this year. I shot a six point last year during muzzleloader season. If I'm lucky this year with the rifle I'll let everyone know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on your new American Rifle,

Does anyone know what the maximum effective range is for this platform? I know it's not a bench gun but that's not what I'm after anyway.

Happy Holidays,

RBA

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds like my hunting season in PA. Except my shoulder was aching 'cause of the much heavier M77, LOL. Hey, good luck huntin', hope your season's better 'an mine!;)
+1 on your viewpoint. God Bless the Innocent Victims.
Enough is enough already.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on your new American Rifle,

Does anyone know what the maximum effective range is for this platform? I know it's not a bench gun but that's not what I'm after anyway.

Happy Holidays,

RBA
I'll take a stab at it. 500 yds. Give or take depending on caliber and bullet drop compensation, wind, etc....

Happy Holidays to you and yours as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
When I picked mine up from my dealer (ex-marine) he said it can be an 800 yard rifle. They were trained to shoot .223 750yds, and that was aiming 5' above the target, so he said 800 is easily possible.... well maybe not easily but it can be done!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My RAR in 30-06 is my first bolt-action rifle, and it hasn't failed me yet. I have it sighted in at 100 yds with Remingtons 165 grain PSP rounds. It wears a Leupold VX-1 3x9 power scope with the 1" Leupold rifleman rings. I have taken it out to 400 yards with AE's 150 gr fmj round and those were much softer in recoil compared to the heavier recoil of the Remington load. My point of aim was slighty high above the steel target. My scope is sighted in for a 100 yds. When I get the chance i'll go sight it in at 200 yds. I have also shot Golden Bear 147 gr fmj rounds and those were a dream too. Very soft recoil compared to the Remington 165 gr load.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.