Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew AR15's and WASR's were jacked up in price right now but didn't realize the extent! Big B is in town for the holiday and he wanted me to take him out rifle shopping. We went to the LGS that has the lowest prices in town and they had one AR15 left which was a Rock River Operator. They wanted $2500.00 for the thing marked down from $2800.00 as so the tag said(underhanded sales tactic IMO). This rifle a couple months ago was right around a $1000.00 at the same store. The 5.56 and .223 bulk ammo has over doubled it's price from 7.99 to 16.99 for a box of 20 of the xm193.

Man that just blew me away folks. I could see them racking it up to maybe 1500.00 from a grand but 2500.00?? I guess they know though that some shlup will fork the money out for one.

It goes to show that all you guys and gals that already have your AR15 or WASR consider yourself lucky and we'll just hope this ban (whatever it will be) won't pass.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Your best bet is search the auction sites like gunbroker...quickly. You should still be able to find something without being gouged to death. You will pay higher than a few months ago but you should be able to find an AR for under $1700. I was just over there. Just stay away from any AR15 with the name Vulcan , Hesse or Blackthorne. All three are just rebranded junk. If you have the cash I wouldn't wait. If there is a Buy It Now option that isn't crazy I would probably hit it.

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your best bet is search the auction sites like gunbroker...quickly. You should still be able to find something without being gouged to death. You will pay higher than a few months ago but you should be able to find an AR for under $1700. I was just over there. Just stay away from any AR15 with the name Vulcan , Hesse or Blackthorne. All three are just rebranded junk. If you have the cash I wouldn't wait. If there is a Buy It Now option that isn't crazy I would probably hit it.
Cool, thanks my man I'll check it out.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Went to a gun show last Sunday and another today. Same vendor, same rifle (Colt AR), more than double the price ($1,100 ---> $2,600).

Same with all vendors makes and models... Double.

Mini 14, saw only one, wanted it. $1,000. Couldn't do it. They can kiss my butt.

I'm sticking with what I got. It will do.

Good news. Pistols and revolvers, bolt and lever guns all appeared to be inline with normal prices.

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah everything else seems normal. Even the .22 AR15 was still priced normally.

·
Registered
350 Posts
While I'm miserable over the current political climate as it relates to firearms in general, I've never been happier that the AR-15 & variants are one type of gun I have zero interest in owning. You folks are getting screwed to the moon.

·
4E617468616E 4C656767
1,840 Posts
While I'm miserable over the current political climate as it relates to firearms in general, I've never been happier that the AR-15 & variants are one type of gun I have zero interest in owning. You folks are getting screwed to the moon.
Only those who put off buying an AR and only now trying to find one. I'd been wanting one for some time but like many had just put it off, and put it off, usually because most were listed at around 1500 or more in price, a little high for me. However, literally the day after the election I got this strange feeling that I had to get one. I shopped around and was able to pick up and M&P15 for 800 from one of my favorite LGS. I also started buying a couple hundred rounds of .223 and 5.56 every weekend. Now I'm glad I listened to my gut. Good luck to those still looking.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It's a little frustrating to see gun shops do that. All the LGS I visit seem to be holding their pricing, they are just out of everything. These are the types of things I remember when things settle back down.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I picked up my Rock River Operator (CAR-15) at the beginning of the year. I'm glad I did because the prices are crazy on the black rifles now. I paid just over $1,000 out the door. Just out of curiosity, this morning when I got off work, I was al Walmart and checked the gun display. Previously, they had 5 AR's (3 Bushmasters and 2 Colt LE6920's). All five were gone but they still had full displays of bolt action rifles, 22's and shotguns.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Sounds like the old rule of supply vs demand. Supplies are down and demand is gong through the roof so prices are going up. I was looking into getting an AR but think I will wait and see what happens. Hopefully when this all blows over come spring, prices will get back to normal and I will grab one then. If a ban goes through, my loss.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Sounds like the old rule of supply vs demand. Supplies are down and demand is gong through the roof so prices are going up. I was looking into getting an AR but think I will wait and see what happens. Hopefully when this all blows over come spring, prices will get back to normal and I will grab one then. If a ban goes through, my loss.
I think they are guessing future supply might not be there. They have to make the money on the ones they already have.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
With all the craziness going on, I went to Walmart. Bare bones Mini 14 for $667 just sitting there.

Now it's sitting here.

No more Walmart jokes from this guy.

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With all the craziness going on, I went to Walmart. Bare bones Mini 14 for $667 just sitting there.

Now it's sitting here.

No more Walmart jokes from this guy.
You lucked out on that! Maybe I'll have to check out Wally World tomorrow...

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
even though it wouldn't have been a great idea financially, i AM kicking myself now that i didn't just go ahead and buy a few more things over the summer. harumph!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I saw on GB they were selling 5 Magpul 30 round clips for $300!! the AR's are out of site as mentioned earlier also. They are selling 200 rounds of Wolf .223 for $130. Glad I've been acquiring over time on all fronts. Merry Christmas from Ohio.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I saw on GB they were selling 5 Magpul 30 round clips for $300!! the AR's are out of site as mentioned earlier also. They are selling 200 rounds of Wolf .223 for $130. Glad I've been acquiring over time on all fronts. Merry Christmas from Ohio.
Same here. Now isn't the time to be guying.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts