Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok three guns to the range!!! My priority was to get my Mini-14 sighted in, 188 series just installed my Trueshot barrel stabilizer. My thoughts are to aid in accuracy not make a target rifle!! Then my two revolvers Ruger SP101 .327FM 3 inch barrel, Ruger .22Mag LCR. Now back to my Mini-14 I bore sighted it in my back yard with my laser bore sighter I was able to dial it in very nice tight 3 shot group in the 1 inch square on the target at 25 yards. Now when I go out I can fine tune it @ 100 yards. My goal is to be able to get 1-1/2 to 2 inch groups @ 100 yards consistently. I was shooting Remington value pack 50 round box 55 grain. My SP101 I was shooting Federal American Eagle 100 grain JSP. Maybe I didn't realize but geeze this load felt like .357's ouch!!! I even had hogue grips installed. My goal is to get a feel of my revolver but build up a stash of brass & get some reloads. Got some fair groups but my 63 year old eyes was having problems seeing the sights clearly. Now wondering can I get some Fire sights I have heard of these but not sure if they make them for my SP101. Next the LCR .22Mag shooting Hornady Critical Defense 45 grain FTX bullet this load thru a 1-7/8 inch barrel quite a snap plus I am not use to D/A only! I was able to actually get a decent group @ 7 yards about 1-1/2 to 2 inch's two handed grip. But this was really concentrating shooting slowly. I can tell I will need alot of practice with my LCR .22Mag. My SP101 I also shot 10 rounds of my current defensive load. Federal 85 grain jhp's not too harsh of a load I liked this much more then the 100 grain loads. Torn between either Rainier 100 grain plated bullets or a nice hardcast LSWC but I would really like to find a gas checked LSWC HP like the bullets used in the Buffalo Bore defensive loads. I probably would be better off first building up a plinking loads & sticking to a good Factory Defensive load for CCW. My CCW guns are .38 Special, .327FM, .22Mag & 9mm. I rotate my guns around. But a good day I will try & post some pictures of my groups did the best with the Mini-14 & the LCR but wierd thing finally was getting use to the sights when I was running out of ammo! I had bright green glow in the dark paint on the front sight blades on the revolvers. Didn't care for this arrangement on the LCR! I will leave the SP101 as is for now I haven't had any luck finding night sights for a .327 SP101!!! Nuff said for now, try to post pics later!!!:D;)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Sounds like a good trip. (A few paragraph breaks would not be unwelcome though. :D )

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know you are a English teacher! :rolleyes:Try typing late at night on a iPad really fun:rolleyes:

·
Banned
513 Posts
:rolleyes:Try typing late at night on a iPad really fun:rolleyes:[/QUOTE said:
I feel ya on that one buddy, I have responded to these forums on my LG-G3 cell phone... It aint as easy as it looks. ;)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
;). Good time at range ... The real fun ! Looking forward for your pictures . Life's to be enjoyed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts