Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this earlier in the week. I was able to stop over my parents farm and target a couple of coffee cans. Note: This is my first pistol and first time firing a .45 so I'm probably easily entertained and impressed. But anyway, what a thrill! Dang thing is LOUD.

My first impressions:
Relatively easy to handle. I do have medium to large hands so it seemed to fit well. Comfortable. The recoil was less than I had anticipated. Very fun. I'm pleased with my purchase.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
You have a fine pistol that will do its part if you do yours. Take lots of practice and learn to shoot it well and it will be ready if and when you need it. :)

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
You are wearing hearing protection aren't you? If not you really should, or you will be wearing a hearing aid one of these days!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
carefull.......gettin' into reloadin' will be next as the p90 is very habit formin'!!!!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
carefull.......gettin' into reloadin' will be next as the p90 is very habit formin'!!!!!!
Just because the P90 is accurate, reliable, easy to shoot, easy to carry and fun doesn't mean it could be habit forming. I can put mine down any time I want. No problems. Really I can.

Reloading is not a big deal. I haven't reloaded any .45 in the last 19 hours.

Vance, you bought a diamond in the rough. I didn't think very highly of the Ruger P-series and didn't see many at the range I use. I bought one a couple of months ago because I couldn't pass up the deal. My only regret is that I didn't buy one earlier.

Pay attention to hearing and eye protection. I was in artillery and got to hear a few cannons fire without hearing protection. My ears have been ringing for about 25 years. No fun.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Just because the P90 is accurate, reliable, easy to shoot, easy to carry and fun doesn't mean it could be habit forming. I can put mine down any time I want. No problems. Really I can.

Reloading is not a big deal. I haven't reloaded any .45 in the last 19 hours.

Vance, you bought a diamond in the rough. I didn't think very highly of the Ruger P-series and didn't see many at the range I use. I bought one a couple of months ago because I couldn't pass up the deal. My only regret is that I didn't buy one earlier.

Pay attention to hearing and eye protection. I was in artillery and got to hear a few cannons fire without hearing protection. My ears have been ringing for about 25 years. No fun.
I have 2 P97's and they are wonderful pistols, but there is just something about a P90, that if you ever get one in your hands, you'll never be the same again. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts