Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was not a day to 'work on' anything. I just plain felt like makin' some noise and shootin' some stuff.

I have been neglecting the GP100 ever since I fell in love with my Single Six, so I decided to take her out to lunch.

I think, looking back, I did this kind of backwards. But I started with a longer distance than usual, fifteen yards. I shot fast in double action, and fired 50 rounds before I brought the target back to me. I was pretty happy with it, actually, considering how blurry the target was!

Then I decided to slow it down a bit, and shot single action for 50 more rounds at 7 yards. This one I'm very happy with.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I wouldn't be happy with either one of them...less'n I was you instead of him!!! Great shootin'...hate to see you on a serious day if that's just foolin' around....

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
He looks purtty venelated to me!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously though, and don't get me wrong - I'm quite happy with that 7 yard grouping - but is that LARGE disperity between 7 and 15 yard performance common with most people? I would think that I would be a little better at 15 yards than I am at this point.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
study the target-which hit would you feel like continuing to fight after receiving? Double action...looks like a good fight to me...even the arm hits would have ruined him...BG don't shoot any better weak-handed than we do:D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

study the target-which hit would you feel like continuing to fight after receiving? Double action...looks like a good fight to me...even the arm hits would have ruined him...BG don't shoot any better weak-handed than we do:D
Yeah I guess you're right, but I hope that BG ain't a lefty!! :D

I don't know if my sights are off or not, but on this particular day, I was at the very last spot on the range (indoor) on the right. It was a little claustrophobic, I wonder if subconciously I was shooting - at 15 yards anyway - away from the wall that seemed very close to my right side. Probably overthinking that, but, who knows.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Looks like you did good to me EddieF...please don't ever get mad at me, OK?:D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Never, rman! But if I did get that mad, I think all a person would have to do is step beyond 20 yards and they'd be safe. As would the people standing next to him. However, the people standing NEXT to the people standing next to him had better watch out!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good point! Unless maybe you were cornered in an alley and there were people in a car driving fast toward you and shooting out the window at you! Sheepdog, you have to prepare for everything!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I don't hang out in alleys that don't have a generous hole in the fence...about fat-dog size!!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What if you're being chased by a medium sized dog who is being chased by vehicle-driving, armed gunmen? You know, for all your talk about preparedness, Sheepdog, I don't get the feeling you've really thought much of this through...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I always carry a small feelet mignonian in a Zipperlocked bag on my collar---I'd throw it out...well, half.....OK, I'd chew off a piece of bacon and throw it down to slow the dog down enough that they'd run him down, and then exit the hole and finish the steak...don't doubt the ole sheepdog, boy, you'll come up short every time...I'm a real well-fed survivor, yessIam!!!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I stand corrected, sir.

And I'm sure you have a backup plan for establishments that don't allowed concealed carry of outside food, like movie theaters...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I wear my cape over my collar, and carry my gentlemen's cane (.45 cal., if you must know)...nooooooooowww, I'm goin' to take a nap...I love rain days............

1 - 20 of 23 Posts