Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mosin that I have sitting around that I haven't fired in 8 months so. Friend of a Friend offered to trade me a Blued, Taurus 431 .44 special, 4 inch barrel, in good cosmetic and working condition for it....

Would you make the trade?

I don't know anything about Taurus revolvers, or the .44 special...

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Well, I have two thoughts........

A Mosin Nagant 91/30 is still maybe, what a $150 rifle.......I used to buy them when they were $60-70, I still have 4 of them that I haven't fired in 10 years......

So........anyone willing to trade a $400 revolver for a $150 common as dirt rifle, that you can pretty much just buy anywhere, must really have gotten the revolver for a good deal, or there's something wrong with the Taurus and he wants to dump it quick......

How good is this "friend of a friend", make sure you can check the Taurus out first.........if it's tight and not beat to death, I'd make the trade and then flip the Taurus for $400 since there is a high demand for those 431's. I have seen them go above $500 on GunBroker.

Unless you hand load, the cheapest .44 Special you'll find is the reloads from Parabellum Research unless you have a cheaper source.....
https://www.pbrammo.com/value-line-44spl-240gr-lswc

At $22.50 a box (per 50) plus shipping it's not bad, I fire 200 some odd rounds per session when I shoot so it adds up quick, I shoot these through my .44 Redhawks. This is the reason I got a 9mm Blackhawk, a .22 SP101 and am converting a GP100 to 9mm........I just joined a new range and I actually want to be able to shoot, I'd go broke trying to shoot .44 Special all the time.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Would trade and probably dislocate shoulder getting Mosin to him fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts