Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
These are the people that have no business owning firearms. Plus, if you know ANYTHING about BP vests, they only stop small caliber rounds. .223 can go through a few of these.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
These are the people that have no business owning firearms. Plus, if you know ANYTHING about BP vests, they only stop small caliber rounds. .223 can go through a few of these.
Frankly I'm surprised he even remembered to breath when he was alive. I guess it's a good thing breathing requires no thinking.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
My mother taught me " if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all!" I leave it right here.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,076 Posts
Are you kidding? Had a guy try this years ago around here and all he did was complain about the massive bruising he received.........there are a few born everyday I guess.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes by small caliber I meant handguns. Either way - dumb people doing dumb things and giving good gun owners a bad rep

·
Banned
1,427 Posts
My Wife has an old vest we've been wanting to test.
We're putting it on a watermelon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I know some married guys that would put it on the wife.:)

As far as the guy who got killed trying out the vest. Well, the world is full of them. Go to my local indoor range and you will see how this guy has inbred cousins all over the place.

Want to see real stupid? Get in your car and see how SOB's are text messaging.
Much rather see them kill themselves rather than so many innocent lives they do take on any given day. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Reminds me of an episode of the old F Troop comedy. They were trying out a bulletproof vest, and the "volunteer" survived - because the entire troop missed from about 15 feet.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
One of my good friends is armored and sniper for our local PD. .One of the academy rookies was yammering on that his vest would stop a .223. So my buddy bet him it wouldn't they sat it over two cinder blocks. After the cinder block crumbled the rookie bought a new vest and paid his bet.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I wonder if alcohol was a factor?.....

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just read the article and one tidbit struck me as a weird coincidence and ironic at the same time - the 911 call came in at 5:56 am. 556 is an ironic coincidence and wasn’t it still dark at that hour? Why are people so damned stupid?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just read the article and one tidbit struck me as a weird coincidence and ironic at the same time - the 911 call came in at 5:56 am. 556 is an ironic coincidence and wasn’t it still dark at that hour? Why are people so damned stupid?
Because we make such a dedicated effort at protecting them from the consequences of their actions and keeping them alive. We're interfering with nature and natural selection because we think we know better.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Years ago some vests were called "second chance" cause they gave officers one.

The owner of the co reportedly would fire a 357 into his chest. He usually got quite a bruise. He got caught cheating on the materials put into them and lost the business.
IThe business has been reorganized and is back. Google Second Chance Shoot!!

It is a week long pistol(handgun) shoot w/ many guns given away.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Always a bad idea.

Get some watermelons or seat cushions. Drape the vest over it.

Fire.

This is almost as bad as the "William Tell" stunts some people pull. They put beer bottles on their heads then ask friends to shoot the bottle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Because we make such a dedicated effort at protecting them from the consequences of their actions and keeping them alive. We're interfering with nature and natural selection because we think we know better.
Yeah but they go into the gun control body count. More so those gun control people use them as an example of why mundanes should not be allowed to own firearms.

I figure if people want to exit the gene pool that sterilization is better. Snip snip or tie tie and they're good to go. No body count, no burials and no fuss.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts