Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I got tired of trying to make this thing accurate, so I decided to make it a CQB rifle instead. I can shoot it about as good with the open sights as with a scope. I am more content with it now that I have decided to give up on it!

The Butler Creek stock was a bugger to get to fit, had to sand a bit on it to get it to work. And the main complaint I have about it is your nose is right down on the metal part when you are shooting it! Kind of distracting.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good, Jman. I got to tell ya, after doing this it is like having a whole new gun. I really like the Mini in this guise. Much better than trying to make a tack driver out of it. Now I just go and shoot it and have fun and don't even think about what kind of groups it is gonna have. Much better for my sanity!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yea, fold the stock, load a couple 30 round mags, and shoot from the hip. Just be careful. After a few 30 round clips real quick, don't touch the barrel. She sure gets warm. It get expensive too! It's getting harder to find 7.62 X 39 ammo right now and the price keeps rising. I haven't bought much .223 ammo lately. Is there still plenty of surplus stuff around?

Jman8182

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All ammo and components have really went up in price the last year. China is supposed to be buying up all the raw materials.

·
Banned
282 Posts

I decided to make mine tactical as well. I'm saving my pennies to get my hands on one of the New and Improved Mini's that are supposed to be tack drivers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts