Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2 Trausch grips for my SP101's, and like them very much. I had ordered 1 black and 1 ivory, but received 2 blacks by mistake. I liked the ones I received so much I didn't care. I received an email asking how I liked them, and I said I did but got 2 black ones. Mr. Trausch said, "Keep the black one as a gift. I am sending you the ivory one as well." Great place to deal with!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought the Trausch grips for my SP101. They really cut down on felt recoil compared to the stock grips. As much as I like Hogue monogrips for my big revolvers, the Trausch's look and feel a hell of a lot better on the SP101.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried the Houge on a 2 1/4" SP101 which tamed 357 loads better than the factory. Then, I bought a set of Trausch grips. These work very well and really tame the .357. With 38s, it's like shooting a .22.----WyoBob

·
Super Moderator
21,469 Posts
I must be the only one that likes the stock grips on the SP. They fit my hands perfectly and reduce felt recoil as a result. It would be interesting to see the Ivory though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Trausch grips are superb. Jacques Trausch is a gentleman, and very pleasant to deal with. He modified a set of his TJ84R grips (made for round-butted Service- and Speed-Six guns) for my square-but Security SIx, and then further modified a set based on my recommendations after using it for IDPA. They are my grip of choice on my Security Six to this day; now that Ruger has switched to Hogue grips pretty much across the board for their DA revolvers, hopefully Trausch will make a GP100 grip...

Best, Jon

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I must be the only one that likes the stock grips on the SP. They fit my hands perfectly and reduce felt recoil as a result. It would be interesting to see the Ivory though.

Nope. I have mine on and am waiting for some inserts from Magnum 41. I'm just interested in what the Ivory looks like. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
I really like the look of these, but love how the stock grips conceal. The stocks aren't too bad with recoil either. How is concealability between the stock and trausch? Is there much difference?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
To me the Trausch are slightly stickier and larger but come well into the hand. It isn't a problem for me but it's personal preference. To me the felt recoil is greatly reduced.

·
Registered
87 Posts
To me the Trausch are slightly stickier and larger but come well into the hand. It isn't a problem for me but it's personal preference. To me the felt recoil is greatly reduced.
Thanks for the insight! I will keep the stocks until they start to get to me then. Maybe, when I develop carpal tunnel or arthritis.
Luckily, I really didn't find any problems with the stocks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the link to the website. Just bought my SP101, and I have larger hands. These should work nicely.

·
Registered
21 Posts
These grips can be found on this website - Alfreds Homepage
I ordered a set and they arrived about 1 week later.
They are coming form Germany, so the exchange rate is not perferable, but if you are looking for a set of these grips...here they are

1 - 19 of 19 Posts