Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tremors (1990) - IMDb

All four movies are on AMC today and I'm watching the first one. I saw it at least 2x before but that's when I was still years from becoming a gun owner.
I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. Lots of references to guns.

"Earl. Here's some swiss cheese and some bullets," says store owner Walter Chang. A lady commented that Kevin Bacon's rifle caliber is not enough.

This is my favorite image:

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Funny movie! Nice gun collection...

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny movie! Nice gun collection...
I love Burt's elephant gun.
Also, when Heather ran out of ammo, she asked for a "magazine" and not a clip :D
I like Heather's expertise on all things guns.

Ha, I watched some of those too. Good junk entertainment. I didn't know they made 4 movies.
I've seen only the first two. Kevin Bacon appeared only on the first, Fred Ward on the first two, and Michael Gross on all four plus the tv series.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Luv Tremors and am watching #2 now. I wasn't crazy about the one that went back to the Western days though.

Whats not to luv about Burt? :D

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Luv Tremors and am watching #2 now. I wasn't crazy about the one that went back to the Western days though.

Whats not to luv about Burt? :D
:D
I miss Heather though and her Firearms 101 dialogues.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I saw the first two but didn't know there were to more. I'll have to try and find them.

·
Registered
539 Posts
That was Heather's Reba McEntire first acting roll entertaining back then Cult now. Now look at her they keep bring back her sitcom. "Just a little bit of country" something like that.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was impressed back then. Is that a Mini-14 just below (looks like a Win. Model 12 SG or two down from the Win. 97 (1897)
That's right the first Dooms Day Preppers :cool::D and it looks like they were right
Yep Burt's ahead of his time.
I think it was Earl who said something like, "now we can't criticize his lifestyle," after Burt's guns and dynamites saved them.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I love Burt's elephant gun.
Burt Gummer's (Michael Gross) "Elephant Gun" is a Belgian-made William Moore & Co. 8-gauge firing solid slugs. The shotgun was provided by Ellis Mercantile for the Tremors film. When it was thrown from the truck to the rock, it was dropped and the stock shattered at the wrist due to the 12.5 pounds that the shotgun weighs. An interesting goof in the scene where Burt uses the gun to kill the graboid is that when he fires the gun, he has the stock under his arm instead of against his shoulder. If he had been firing actual 8ga. slugs, the recoil would've, at best, flung the gun out of his hands or, at worst, would've broken his wrist or flung the barrel of the gun up into his face.

Tremors - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for that goof trivia.
I know nothing about elephant guns and therefore was curious as to how Burt would react to the recoil. There was one scene where he lost balance after firing it.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Come on guys, am I the only one that actually watched the TV show?
I didn't know there was a SyFy tv series until yesterday. Now I have to find it on Netflix.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts