Ruger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
If I'm not going to be around many people, I carry one of my old 9's (usually my 3913) or my SP101, .357. If I'm going to be in the city, I'll have on one of my 1911's with my XDs for backup.

Warranted or not, I feel better prepared when I'm carrying a .45.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am right in line with everyone who has reevaluated their carry gun. I carry an LC9s, but I feel "under-gunned" if I am honest. I now feel targeted as opposed to worrying about random acts of violence. I would very much like to get a Glock 19/SR9c/CZ 75 compact sized 9mm or even a compact .45. The weight of a .45 worries me a bit, but effectiveness has the edge. I don't have the means to get another firearm at the moment, but a larger/higher capacity firearm has been on my mind.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wouldnt mind carrying an ar pistol on a sling but its just too much to try and conceal. I usually carry lcp in my pocket almost everywhere but also add my p99 .40 usually or cz p-01 9mm. IWB both of those are really very comfortable most times. Even in shorts and a polo.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I've already moved up from the LCP to my Springfield XDs 9mm with it's 8 round mag plus a spare 8 round mag more often.

Now I'm trying to find a way to CCW my Beretta 92FS with a Mec-Gar 18 round mag plus a spare 18 round mag.

Also, considering purchasing an SR9c and carrying the 17 round mag as a spare, but will probably wait until after the SHOT Show to see if the rumored revamping of the SR Series comes to pass and see what's new.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I carry an AR carbine and four 100rd Surefire magazines. You can never be too careful going to the 7-11 on the corner for a coffee and paper.

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
I am an old guy and I carry a 1911 because it has a big bullet and I know how it works. I have 3 extra magazines. I was issued a 1911 when I was in Viet Nam and having one available is comforting.

We live in an era of uncertainty and evil.

·
Registered
250 Posts
When I carry its my sr1911, sometimes in a backpack or in a coat pocket or holster. Used to on occasion carry my walther p22 but decided to sell it. Now Im waivering between getting an sr9/glock 19/17 or sticking with a high cap.45 like a glock 21 to carry. As was mentioned above I may wait until shot to see if the SR series rumors amount to anything. I have also been seeing if I can fit a rifle in a backpack. If I breakdown an AR or mini 14 they fit in my bigger pack but still too long for the smaller one. Now get a folding stock for the mini aalnd at least would nt have t take the rifle apart.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep my minimum carry peace now 45ACP since I can also OC where I live I also carry my GP100 357 Mag and or 45 LC RH. Both give the extra punch and accuracy to engage at longer distance if need be. If having a go bag wouldn't get you hooked up as a terrorist I'd have my AR in my vehicle as well.:rolleyes: Then again I have no quams killing a terrorist an taking there long gun to finish off the rest of the crew!:D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
yup! went from the LC9, to the Taurus 709 (much better) and then from the 709, to the 809 (17+1) and I love it. I'm 6' & 190. I often carry my Sig P238, LCRx3, but the 809 is a favorite.

·
Super Moderator
16,195 Posts
What does everyone do in summer with shorts and collared shirt? Surely u cant effectively hide a full 1911 or revolver??? Can u?
I have no problem concealing my Springfield 1911 Micro-compact (or my RAMI) when wearing shorts and a polo. With a good belt and proper tucking/draping of the shirt it's not really that difficult :).

·
Registered
152 Posts
I carry a full size 1911 in .45 because I can hit with it out to fifty yards. Before that I carried a Security Six, or a Peacemaker, again, because I could hit with them. Beyond fifty yard hits are very do-able, but very much harder with a "pocket" gun.

There is something comforting in having the ability to reach out and touch someone if you must.

·
AT1(AW)
1,234 Posts
I normally carry a Glock 23 (40S&W), SR1911 (full size) or a LCR 357. All are IWB, the semi's are Crossbreed, the LCR is an Alien Gear (don't care for it).

41 - 60 of 182 Posts