Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if ya all have tried these new(well new to me any way) 50 round rotary mags with the belt feed inside ? My buddy swears by them, said he has never got the ones he has to jam. I have had a few issue's with the Ramline and the Buttler Creek mags jamming the last few shells with some of the lower powered ammo. He said the rotary ones use a constant tension system to rotate the belt inside, so they always feed with out hesitation. The other thing I know I like about them is the fact that they come apart and this means you can clean the insides, unlike the previously mentioned ones. So, I ordered three of them and if you all are interested, I will post a report on them after a trip to the range !

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
i'm interested!
have a web-site to them?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought mine from Tapco.com, just be prepared for sticker shock as they are about 70 dollars a piece ! Thats why I said I would post after I shot them. Although the friend of mine that has them is usually quite dependable and accurate in his description of an items use. He says they are the best mags he has bought for the 10/22. So we'll see how they work.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the rotary mags for my 10/22's showed up today ! We went up on the hill and fired about 300 to 400 rounds through them and I must say I was impressed with there performance ! They fed every type of ammo with out a single jam. I used my match ammo, stingers, HV, and even wally world clearance ammo and they functioned flawlessly ! I will put another couple thousand rounds through then and then we'll see how I feel. So far they are leaps and bounds over the banana type mags ! Here is pic's.

IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa282/tgr2/RugerRotaryMagazine3.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya ! Buddy ! These are the best high cap mags for the 10/22 a have ever owned ! Even at their price, I am up to 2,000 round through each mag and have yet to show any wear or damage ! The spring still function as flawlessly as when I first got them. Needles to say I have ordered six more. I have had issue's with the butler creek hot lips and all the ram line mags, seems like I half to go through six or seven to get a couple that work. The only one I have ever had any luck with on a regular bases is the butler creek metal lip mags. So, I would say they have more than proven themselves.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Good to hear. Hate to use you as the guinnie pig but here we go:
Are they easy to load?
you mentioned tear down and cleaning---easy to do?
Does the design warrant the installation of an extended mag release on the rifle?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made myself the guinnie pig and I like it !

1. Yes an no. At first they are a little weird to load because they are different than any other 10/22 mag out there. After you read the directions and load it ounce they are real, real easy. After you get the loading procedure down you can load them faster than the 25 and 30 rounders as the bullets just drop into the belt after taking the cover off and using the hand crank in the center to wind the spring.

2. To clean and load them all you do is remove the rear cover. Although cleaning coesn't seem to be an issue, the mags after all those rounds inside were hardly dirty at all ? I have no idea why but the only powdered and dirtied part was the metal feed lips on the mags.

3. Yes it does and it makes loading them into the gun easier. I know this because the three 10/22's I shoot on a regular bases run rim fire technologies extended bolt and mag releases. When loading it helps out because they are such a tight fit you half to push the release while loading them in the gun. Also, they don't use the factory front holder hole, they have edges that snug them against the front mag well, I think this why they are so tight and have almost no wobble. I think the tight fit is why they feed so well, no wobble like the Buttler and Ramline mags. I tell you they are well worth the price and I love them. Look around though because my buddy said he found his recent three for about $60 on a different website.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Very Cool..looks like there is finally a 50 rnd mag that works

quote:I have had issue's with the butler creek hot lips and all the ram line mags, seems like I half to go through six or seven to get a couple that work.
AMEN to that...forever those have been the only ones out there...So what are you gonna do[^]
the price is not that bad,considering the other ones can be 50+dollars.... and if they really work ..Not a problem
Thanks,good info.... i will get me some soon:D

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I was wondering how those worked. Thanks for sharing info on them
HB-DLX, I'll have to get some when I get another 10/22, which hopefully will be in the near future after some other bills are taken care of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts