Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P345 is a fine shooting iron especially in that price range but after complete dissasembly and honing of the mating surfaces several times, I find a short but perceptable grit in trigger takeup right before reaching a smooth but light 4lb. trigger pull shelf. I have exhausted my patience as I have run tolerances in the trigger group to there end looking for an elusive solution with little improvement. I keep feeling that there is something small I am overlooking. Help!!! DAY

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,336 Posts
The trigger bar operates a link that pushes up the firing pin interrupt plunger. Try operating the trigger with the slide off. If your glitch goes away, chances are the plunger in the slide is cruddy or the link that pushes it up has a rough spot. If you still get the glitch, take the slide off and look in the frame while operating the trigger. You may be able to isolate the problem.

There is a spring wire loop inside the frame on the right side. You have to remove the magazine to see it. Sometimes the spring drags on the magazine and causes a bump feel before the sear releases.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts