Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems my wife has become interested in getting involved in smallbore rifle competition. (Certainly don't want to discourage that.) She really likes my 10-22, but with a bit of arthritis in her hand, she's having a little trouble with trigger pull. I'm trying to find the best way to lighten this up for her, but can't decide which way to go. There are a lot of drop in trigger assemblies out there, as well as individual components such as hammer / trigger upgrades and such. Figured I'd poll the guys in the know to see what suggestions I can get as to the best way to go. Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ultimately this is your build and you should do what you prefer, but I can give some input on the KIDD Trigger Job Kit

The installation was a breeze, and the result was fantastic for an $89.00 investment. Night and day difference from the stock factory trigger.

For the price and the ease of installation I would highly recommend it.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I sent my OEM trigger group to a gunsmith in New York State who advertises on eBay. For $35 plus shipping he will do a full "fluff and buff" re-work and adjust it to whatever trigger pull you want. I had mine set to 4#. I'm happy with the work, and the price was right. I had it back in about a week.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Brimestone has done four triggers for me and I currently has two more in his ship. He has done a basic job to the full rework and all are great. Most of mine are taken down to 2 1/2 lbs but a couple of field rifles are set at 4 1/2 lbs.

Very little slack and a nice even pull.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Doing one of the DIY kits is a very simple task and will satisfy the majority of folks. The re-works... I'd stick with the better known ones myself. I know from experience TT Shooter does a great job. In the end it's best to go the route that matches both your budget and the rest of the gun. Going with a whole assembly is kinda a waste unless the rest of the gun is in the same level. It's a whole package not just one component.
Personally, any more I do, with one exception, will get the Kidd trigger kit. It's that good. Keep in mind it is designed for polymer factory housing and may not fit correctly with other ones.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Ultimately this is your build and you should do what you prefer, but I can give some input on the KIDD Trigger Job Kit

The installation was a breeze, and the result was fantastic for an $89.00 investment. Night and day difference from the stock factory trigger.

For the price and the ease of installation I would highly recommend it.

Hope this helps!
I was unaware of that kit... I thought when people said 'Kidd Trigger' they were talking about the complete one with two stage trigger...

There is a testimonial on that page that says it's as good a S&W revolver...not accusing anyone of lying but I am mighty skeptical on that one...

It doesn't seem to have an adjustable sear...maybe it does and I don't know it...

I am curious to know what the pre-travel is on it and if the slack can be taken completely out...

I have the power custom adjustable sear and VQ target hammer and installed my own post travel screw...results are good...no pre or post travel...pull is about 50% of factory...most of the creep is gone but not 100%...

I have no idea how mine compares to the Kidd kit but prices are similar...and mine fits the aluminum housing fine but I also had a shim kit from triggershims.com to go with it...

I don't think you can beat that Kidd kit for $89 since it comes with

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was unaware of that kit... I thought when people said 'Kidd Trigger' they were talking about the complete one with two stage trigger...

There is a testimonial on that page that says it's as good a S&W revolver...not accusing anyone of lying but I am mighty skeptical on that one...

It doesn't seem to have an adjustable sear...maybe it does and I don't know it...

I am curious to know what the pre-travel is on it and if the slack can be taken completely out...

I have the power custom adjustable sear and VQ target hammer and installed my own post travel screw...results are good...no pre or post travel...pull is about 50% of factory...most of the creep is gone but not 100%...

I have no idea how mine compares to the Kidd kit but prices are similar...and mine fits the aluminum housing fine but I also had a shim kit from triggershims.com to go with it...

I don't think you can beat that Kidd kit for $89 since it comes with
I am very pleased with it's result so far, it definitely cut the pull down 50% from stock. They market that the pull will be just under 2lbs and I am happy with that.

So far everything I have purchased from KIDD has lived up to my expectations, the only thing I have left stock is the receiver and bolt. =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts