Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My range guy and I were talking about night sights and what was out there for my SP101. He took me back into the repair shop area and produced a Trijicon front sight for an 101 from his recently delivery of parts, and I just jumped on it. Hope to see it tomorrow, or by Friday.

Anyone had their SP101 refitted with one?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,901 Posts
daleeman, threads sometimes get moved at the discretion of the moderators. A thread like yours could also go in the accessories category too. No matter - you asked a good question and I'll offer my 2 cents for what it's worth.

I've replaced the front sight on three SP101s and I love the change. My eyes are old enough (dang it) that the black blade sorta disappears into a lot of targets at the range. I looked at the Trijicon, the XS small dot and the Meprolight. I think all three are good tritium sight options. I put XS small dots on two SP101s I own and a Meprolight on another SP101 that belongs to someone else. I haven't actually fit the Trijicon sight but the XS small dot uses Trijicon tritium vials at least - they have Trijicon's name on the top and XS logo on the side, which I find interesting.

Sounds like you are having the Trijicon sight fit for you so I won't go into any fitting details.

I chose the XS based on favorable comments and the price was slightly less than the Trijicon. I would probably been just as happy with the Trijicon.

I did not find any major change in POI/POA, but then the SP101 is not a gun that's meant to be a tack driver. Others have complained that they did experience a big shift in POI/POA so you may find you have to adjust your sight picture to compensate for the change.

That's what I know. I think you'll like your new sight. The glow in the dark feature is pretty cool and could be useful in some circumstances. The white circle really helped me in daylight. Good luck with yours!

Wave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.