Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a Mini 14 (model 5819) and can't seem to find it in a store around me (central Va).

So I'm thinking about buying online. Any advice on on-line purchasing of rifles and any suggested/prefered sites.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I've bought from Bud's and GunsAmerica. Bud's don't have just a helluva lot anymore so, GunsAmerica may be your best bet. I don't do Gun Broker but you can try that one as well.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I read where someone got one on Gallery of Guns recently as well. Plus I saw a few at a local gun shop here a few weeks ago. So they are out there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all.

I've tried Bass Pro, Green Top, gander and a local pawn shop. nothing and no forecast of when.

it looks like gunameria has some. I think I will try them.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Bought mine last December...NICS took 30 days to get it into my hands. I had waited decades before getting a mini 14 and glad I did; they're much improved over the earlier models. If I had waited any longer I'd be in the same boat as you. I love my mini 14...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just order 5817 from Great Northern Guns Inc in Alaska via the GunsAmerica site. I should have in it 5 to 8 days (I could had it in 2 days but I'm out of town anyway next week).

They were very helpful, easy to work with, and did not rush me. I will defiantly do business with these people again.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I picked up my Mini #5819 on Gunbroker. The 5819 does surface there pretty often. If you stick to high volumes sellers with good feedback and be patient not to over pay, you can have very positive experience there. I've purchased many firearms and ammo on GB and it's worked very well for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've bought a zillion or so guns from Bud's and have been pleased 95% of the time. Unfortunately, Bud's stock isn't what it used to be and putting something on your wish list may or may not ever show up.

I've also bought (and sold) guns on both GunBroker and GunsAmerica, mostly GunBroker. I don't worry about buying from either of these IF the seller is well established & has sold enough guns to have a track record. Pay close attention to the details of shipping, credit card fees, etc.

I've also used the forums to sell guns. S&W, Sig, 1911Addicts, Kahr.

I've used ArmsList twice recently. The first was an attempt to buy a Beretta shotgun - the buyer flaked on the f2f meet so it didn't happen. I just closed the second transaction yesterday when I shipped a rifle to the buyer in IL.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I was searching for Rugers on Gallery of Guns and low and behold there was a Mini available.... I couldn't believe my luck so I grabbed it.....

When it got to my LGS she told me that what I paid was only a few bucks more than she could have gotten it for..... I should have bought a lottery ticket too because I hit the jackpot.... :)

Keep checking and one will show up....

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got one used, for about $550 but that was years ago. If i got another one, and they allowed them in my state (notice the location) i'd get the folder or nothing.

I only put a few hundred rounds through it before i traded it at a huge loss ($250) torwards a Stag Ar. If i got another one (the way thinks are going here it might be the only legal semi auto you can own) I'd consider the 7.62 model.

·
Pistol Packin' Mama
1,848 Posts
I've bought from Bud's and GunsAmerica. Bud's don't have just a helluva lot anymore so, GunsAmerica may be your best bet. I don't do Gun Broker but you can try that one as well.
Buds may not have much online but their actual store in Lexington, KY has a wall full of guns in all sizes and calibers and cases full of used guns. Worth a trip if you are in the area!

·
Registered
32 Posts
WHITTAKER GUNS, I stumbled on them via facebook they are in Kentucky but ship Rifles and pistols to any FFL and their prices are Awesome! I found out about them in January and I've yet to see a week go by they didn't have several Hundred AR's or other popular black guns in stock! they are Legit! I bought a DPMS Panther AR from in Feb. for 789.00 shipping was around 25$... They Currently have these model minis IN STOCK as of Today at closing time... BTW I think I did pretty good for my New Mini tactical for 725$

Ruger Mini 14 .223 (05801) 659.99
Ruger Mini 14 Target .223 (05808) 849.99
Ruger Mini 14 .223 (05805) 709.99
Ruger Mini 14/5P .223 (05855) 679.99
Ruger Mini 14 .223 (05904) <-------------- New Model??
Ruger Mini 14 .223 (05819) 779.99
Ruger Mini 14 .223 (05828) 829.99

1 - 16 of 16 Posts