Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what some of the other Forum members use as their truck or car gun. I keep a stainless S&W Model 645, but I'm thinking about adding a Stoeger Coach gun in 20 ga. What's yours?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ive changed my truck gun out a few times but its often an inexpensive yet ultra reliable firearm most times its been a revolver.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Birdshead 45 ACP vaquero

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Kel Tech PMR-30 with two full magazines. When travelling away from home, Chiappa 1887 12 ga and my 627-5 with both 357 mag and 38 spec. and sometimes the another favorite to shoot when visit ranges. Usually PMR-30 in 22 mag is always with me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Glock model 27 with an extra mag is my daily carry. Wife carries a new Glock 43 with a spare mag a well.
My shop gun is a EEA Zastava Serbia 9mm with TWO extra mags, just because I can.
Shed gun is a Mossberg 500 20 gauge loaded with buckshot.
House gun is a Mossberg 500 12 gauge with a few mods, loaded with 00, as well as my daily carry.

P.S. Every. Single. One. has a round in the chamber.

·
Dog Soldier
1,782 Posts
Since I carry a handgun all of the time I sometimes slip a Marlin lever action in 30-30 or .22 magnum under the saddle blanket in my truck.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
I miss the gun and acts in the back window. Not very good place to have to in a pinch and now days open invitation to theft.

Currently my 1908 vest pocket. But next purchase after my RPR and optics will most likely be an S&W Governor. Alternating 45 Colt and 410 defense loads, should have a little more stopping power than my 25ACP.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I usually have two. Model 19 S&W 2.5 barrel and my Mini 14 with 20 rounder in it. I live in a very rural area so the rifle comes in handy from time to time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Truck gun

for the money I don't think you can beat a Sig sp2022 9mm. You can get these new for under $500 or less depending in your location. It should come with two 15 round (standard capacity) magazines in most of the free world. In Calif you will get ten rounders.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Nothing special; Just the same EDC & Back-up sidearms "on body" as they should be (IMO). If I'm driving aways, I'll throw a carbine in the back.

·
Banned
650 Posts
I usually keep a shotgun in my truck when I am close to home. In town I usually carry a 30/30. The 30/30 slides right under the seat when I get out of the truck or I can just ride it on the dash and cover it with a towel when I get out of the truck. Even though it is a JM Marlin I only have $50 in it and I have never hunted with the 30/30.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Whatever is on my belt when I get is typically my 'truck gun.' Currently, it's a Glock 36 .45 acp (about 3 years)...in the past it was a 2.25" SP101 for about 10 years.

Interesting question...I picked-up a stainless Ruger P97 DAO .45 acp pistol about 2 years ago in order to have a 'truck gun'...however, upon shooting it, it was quickly elevated to an 'in-home' defense gun (currently hidden on a very high up shelf, upstairs, next to the computer area) in the event something happens (in or around the home) and I am upstairs when it occurs. Funny how it 'grew' a set of Meprolight Tritium night sights and the 2 mags that came with it are now 6! I was amazed at how accurate it was and how easy to shoot (mild recoil) + easy + quick second/follow-up shot was...definitely a keeper!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Always have my Charter arms undercover .38 special in the vehicle we're driving. Long trips I'll throw in my P89 and a couple of spare mags. If I want to take a rifle along I'll grab my m1 carbine and a couple of thirty rounders and tuck them behind the seat.

·
Premium Member
4,314 Posts
S&W J-frame M642 38spl+P

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Just my every day carry on my side...I think 13 rounds will be fine in most cases..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts