Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my newest acquisition. I carry six spare rounds for my Kimber K6S and GP100, and until now it's been with a six-round Bianchi Speed Strip that came with the Kimber.

I wanted to have a strip that gave me a space between pairs of rounds, so I purchased a pair of Tuff 8-round strips. But to date I've been carrying a strip in my pocket, and that means lint and dirt could get on the ammo.

Simply Rugged, as usual, to the rescue with an inexpensive but well made pouch. While their pouch for speed strips is optimal for six-round strips, Rob was right that it would fit an 8-round the way I carry it, with a little flexing. Pictured here with the other gun I'm going to use them with, a Ruger for our Ruger forum. Something I forgot when I first posted this: Rob's page says these can hold two strips; maybe they can for six-round loads, but for eights, one strip seems to be the capacity.

Both products are first-rate for you wheelgun fans who want to top off a cylinder or speed up your reloads, period. Of course, it takes a lot of training to do under stress. Practice practice practice with snap caps or dummy rounds and at the range.

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice idea using an 8-holer to carry 6 rounds. Looks like the added space in between would be helpful during a "stress" reload.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Nice idea using an 8-holer to carry 6 rounds. Looks like the added space in between would be helpful during a "stress" reload.
I agree, nice idea for sure. Being able to get your finger in between pairs would be very beneficial. And Simply Rugged makes great products.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts