Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tula 762x39 getting hard to find?

Anyone else not seeing this around in retail at the moment? I still see it online, but my local Walmart is out and so is the big sporting goods store up the road I regularly visit. Meanwhile, the nearest Cabelas used to always have an end cap of their Herters (which is re boxed Tula in the case of this caliber). Not only is there no more big display, they don't even have a tag for it with the rest of their offerings in the same caliber.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Graf & Sons and the Sportsman Guide have it on their on line web sites from 20 round boxes to 1000 rounds bulk.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I've noticed the same. I liked picking up a few boxes of the stuff at Walmart every week. I have been checking the last few months and nothing! I wonder what is going on. I've had to buy through other means.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Could it be all the trade sanctions the U.S. has placed on Russia because of the Ukraine invasion?

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Maybe we we will soon get an influx of cheap Irainian ammo :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could it be all the trade sanctions the U.S. has placed on Russia because of the Ukraine invasion?

The sanctions don't apply to Russian made ammo. Plus, as noted above you can still find Tula online. It's retail where it seems to have dried up.

Looking at Cabelas website, there is no Herters steel cased 762x39 listed there anymore. Just a brass version. The only steel cased I see is the same MFS stuff they have in store. In the case of Cabelas, I'm wondering if they let their contract with Tula expire.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I'm glad WM is getting it again. I have been wanting/needing more and Tula always works fine for me. Now, where are those spam cans...

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
mbshop, I made a quick stop at WM and they had some. I bought 5 40-round packs. They were $10 each. Not bad. Thanks for letting us know!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've noticed the same. I liked picking up a few boxes of the stuff at Walmart every week. I have been checking the last few months and nothing! I wonder what is going on. I've had to buy through other means.
Mine doesnt have any either. I would always brag that we had it in stock, but it has come back to bite me. The area is now being consumed by Tula .223 which I have yet to try.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Walmart is now carrying the 40 round packs as well and I grabbed some today. Other places are starting to carry it as well, though the Cabelas I checked today still has nothing in terms of steel cases 762x39.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sure that it will be on the shelfs regularly soon. Then we can go back to the .22 supply issue.

Cabelas had some 22 today, but it wasn't much cheaper for on a per round basis than the Tula. And I'm not exaggerating.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Copes Supply has Brown Bear 7.62x39 at $125/500 with $9.95 shipping for as many cases as you like! They are good people!

There hasn't been stock available in several months. Yes, I did order some!

Flash

1 - 20 of 20 Posts