Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have no experience but I've heard that it works well.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have shot around 500 rds of .40 S&W thru my G22 Gen4 with no problems at all. It is my preferred round if I am going plinking at the range, works fine and not that dirty as alot of people have claimed.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
No personal experience yet, but everything I have read is pretty positive.

As for an AK, they will shoot pretty much anything. Lots of AK owners shoot it almost all the time. Walmart has it for $4.97 a box of 20.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
My step-dad bought some in .45 for his P345 and didn't have good luck with it at all. I bought some in .223 for my Mini 14 and it has shot flawlessly. I don't find it to be overly dirty (although the Mini tends to run very clean no matter what I shoot in it) and I have yet to have a FTF or FTE with it. I bought it at Walmart for about $5 per box of 20 which is as good a price on steel-cased ammo as I've seen online after shipping and what not.

In a reliable rifle, I'd run it all day. In a semi-auto handgun, I'd be leery, but only because I've heard the pistol ammo from Tula is unreliable and dirty.

Hope this helps you out!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No personal experience yet, but everything I have read is pretty positive.

As for an AK, they will shoot pretty much anything. Lots of AK owners shoot it almost all the time. Walmart has it for $4.97 a box of 20.
Im buying a SPAM can of 640 for $200 so i wanted to know how good it was.

thanks for the replies guys

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I've read a lot of bad about it. I use it in my SKS, SU-16, Mini 14 & M1 Carbine haven't had any problems with any of them of any kind.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Works great

It is the only ammo I have ever shot through my AK, absolutley no problems at all. I have tried the Tula .357 and it is very weak, but the 7.62x39 has been flawless.

·
Banned
89 Posts
My sks's will eat any ammo:tulammo, wolf, goldenbear any of it. I bought a mini30 3 years ago and it never would fire any steel. I sent it In to ruger they replaced extractor plunger firing pin and sent me not saying not to use steel. Well I fired steel berdan wolf no prob. Ruger used to have a video showing it being ok to use but they don't now. With 223 steel I had major jam in sr 556 and would never use it in it again.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have bought over 1800 rounds of it in 7.62x39 HP in the past three weeks...and yeah, there is that much more in my future in the coming weeks. I will let you do the math.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts