Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, there has been a scarcity of "good" store bought ammo in my area for the calibers I use for since early November. Speaking particularly of .45 Auto 230 gr FMJ, I have seen quite a bit of Tulammo available in this caliber at the BBS's and LGS's where I shop.

I have never used this brand of ammo before. I don't know of anybody I shoot with ever using it or speaking of it either in good or bad tense. So, I'm posing this question to my fellow Forum members for their collective opinions and experienced feedback of Tulammo ammunition in .45 Auto.

If you have used it in the past has your experience been favorable or not favorable?

Thanks for your help with this! :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
i shoot this in everygun, i have never had a problem, scoop them up while u can, i cleaned out walmart of every caliber in tulammo, its the best bang for your buck, think about it u can spend $4.97 for a box of 20 for the mini 14, or i can buy American eagle for $12.50 a box

·
Banned
402 Posts
Yes Tula and wolf are made in the same factory. It is lacquer coated steel case ammo with a Bi metal jacket. While it may be a little dirtier than some more costly ammo it is fine for shooting. Some folks with very tite custom guns having very close tolerance chambers may shy away from it ( more for us Eh. ) I have seen it do just fine for range ammo.
Clean your weapon well after use
( pay a little more attention to carbon build up it the chamber ) get more ammo with the savings. If you don't like it don't buy any more, I doubt it will hurt you gun.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I have shot several thousand rounds of Tula ammo and no problems except one round of 45 ACP that resulted in my first and only squib. The bullet lodged in my P90's barrel and was removed without harm but it was a learning experience.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I cannot comment on Tul in .45 but I have yet to have an issue with it in 9mm in my LC9.

Can't comment on their .223 in a semi auto but it goes "bang" every time in my single shot.

It is dirty to shoot but if you're in the habbit of cleaning you guns after shooting....

The only other downside is most of it is berdian primed so reloading is out.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your feedback guys, really appreciate it! ;)

I think I may go ahead and give a shot, (no pun intended :) ), as it is much cheaper then the big brand names I've been shooting. I just wanted to get some education on it from the Forum before I tried it out.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I bought 1000 rds of tula .223 through my local walmart the day of the school shooting. I figured if it will print 2 inch groups out of my bull barrel AR, its decent enough for playing with in my new one.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've shot quite a bit of it with no problems, especially in the AK. It is a little dirty, cheap and has a peculiar smell but the ex-wife says the same thing about me.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I have shot alot of it through my SR1911 with no problems!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts