Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Tulsa gun show is this coming weekend. It is purported to be the largest gun show in the US, over 4200 8' tables. The Ruger Owners and Collectors Society (ROCS) will have displays of all types of Rugers to view. I'll be displaying some of my Six series revolvers. This will be my first time going there and it should be interesting.

Anyone going to be there?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I envy you for going as I would love to go but this always lands right smack dab in the middle of firearms deer season for me, some day though.

Somewhere there is a stat about if you were to try to hit every table at that show you would only get some crazy short time in seconds to stop at each table
Let us know
Have fun

·
Registered
165 Posts
We went and set up six tables.
For Tulsa, it was a very slow show.
Gun show times are very tough right now.
We were comparing notes about shows all over the US and there are no great areas to sell right now.

I did manage to buy a set of dies, but no toys.
Prices have not dropped enough to reflect the current market conditions.
They are still way to high except for AR's.
I saw them as cheap as $319.

Xringshooter, how was your show?
I am sure that I saw your display, but I did not see this post until now.
I would have said hello.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Ruger Owners and Collectors Society (ROCS) was set up against the blue background downstairs right by the stairs/ramp. I think we had 25 displays.

My display showed Rugers first double action revolvers, the Security Six, Police Service Six and the Speed Six. I had examples of the low back frame on the left side and the high back frame on the right along with other items relating to the Six series revolvers.

This was my first time at Tulsa and I had a great time. Never did get to all the tables and I moved pretty quickly (for an old guy) but I was looking for a particular gun (low back Speed Six) so I just glanced at a lot of the tables.

On Sunday, I did pick up a somewhat rare Speed Six (Stainless Steel, 2 3/4" bbl, 9mm) at a good price.

Also found an item to show to my AR customers that I think they might like (an adapter to convert an AR to become a side charger). And picked up several nice display case at good prices (to display all the knives I've collected/won over the years).

The wife and I will be making the ROCS Tulsa show a regular stop now, we had a lot of fun and met even more Ruger owners and collectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts