Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone got any experance with Dillon customer service? I have had this CV-2001 for at least 6 years and I am sure that I have more than once over loaded the thing, I am not wanting them to replace it. Just am hoping that they will sell me the motor or tell me where I can get one. Of course once I see the price of the motor I may just buy a new one MidWay is having a sell right now onThe bigger Lyman's.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,038 Posts
Snuffy, If they support their tumblers like they do their reloading presses, Dillon will either repair or replace your tumbler free, despite overloading it. Give them a call at: 1-800-223-4570 ... it's free and you have nothing to lose.

·
Banned
700 Posts
Dillion's great! However if you opt for a new one the Frankford Arsenal Master Kit at Midway is an outstanding value @54.99 (sale price). Midway owns this brand and are very good in terms of backing it! The other bargain is the Lyman 1200 for under 45.00 (no kit)

SD

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
snuffy,
i don't use dillon products at the moment but from what i hear from other folks, you may wind up getting free parts or a free replacement whether you want one or not as they seem to be real good folks that stand behind their products regardless of circumstances---at least from what i hear about the presses...............

Rare in today's world but that is what i hear about them....

keep us advised as to what dillion will do on this as i'm courious if their service extends beyond just the presses.............................

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well,
I have really used this tumbler more so now that I am in to compation again. I don't expect them to replace or repair it for free after all things do wear out. I am just hoping that I can buy the motor from them at a reasonable price. Heck if its cheaper to just replace the whole unit then that is what I'll do. But I plan give them a call, they where real nice to deal with. Ya know the tumble crocking and all is sorta like loosing a close friend. Right now sorta feel lost without it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Up date

Just got off the phone with Dillon, the motor is $99.95 me putting it in. Or I can send it back and for 99.95 they will refurbrish kit for me it will be as brand new. I need one right now so I will buy a new one but will send this one back its only going to cost me shipping one way and I'll have 2. Never thought I would need two but I can understand now why ya need two.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I had a simular thing happen to me with my old Midway tumbler.
Check out the Lyman with the Autoflo feature.
I really like the Autoflo for media seperation.
Midway informed me that they had a recall and replaced my old tumbler at NC

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is great they are nice folks to deal with, my cv 2001 I have had a 5 or 6 years so I knew they weren't going to repair or replace it. After all its ran almost everyday that I have had it. So I got more than my moneies worth out of it.
A friend of mine and a fellow sass shooter has one just got off the phone with him said it was the way to go and they are on sale now too for 69 plus shipping. For that I can buy two and be money ahead. I am going to keep the cord off the dillon and put it on the Lyman as I like the on off switch no need of throwing away a good cord.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Went with the Lyman pro 2500. Looking for a motor for the CV-2001 either way I look at it the motor is going to be pricie.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,038 Posts
A couple years ago, my old RCBS vibratory cleaner died. The motor seized up and would just hum when I switched it on. I tore it apart and found the motor wasn't anything special ... just a standard induction motor with an offset weight for vibration.

I went to the hardware store and bought a kitchen exhaust fan for about $30 .... same exact motor only with a fan blade attached. I removed the motor and tossed the rest. I had to hacksaw a couple inches off the motor shaft then install the offset weight (Allen screw). I've been using the tumbler every since.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had to have the motor replaced on a 500 from dillon. It wasn't too expensive and they replaced it while I waited. They are great peoplr to deal with.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
great idea Iowegan will darn sure check into it. Thanks to all for your help. I agree Dillon are some nice folks to deal with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.