Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new in box SDS imports Turkish made (Tisa) GI WW2 era 1911A1 clone in 45ACP recently. Price at a local gun show was $378 out the door. Came with one Mecgar 7 rd. mag. and a cleaning rod/brush and instruction booklet in foam padded cardboard box.

First range trip and I was impressed that the small GI style sights were well regulated, at least for me (both windage and elevation as fired at approx. 10 yds. from an improvised rest). Approx. 50 rds. each of my 230 gr. FMJ RN and 230 gr. LRN reloads fired with no failures of any type. Have a couple of 8 rd. Mecgar mags and they worked fine as well in this pistol.

The fit and finish is really good and the Parkerizering (or Cerakote as some literature indicates the finish is) looks really close to some of the WW2 era Parkerizing color shades. Well pleased overall with this purchase.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,418 Posts
Enjoy shooting your new pistol. I'm interested in how it runs after 1000rds . Keep us posted.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Because of Turkeys increasing Islamisation and support for Russia I do not by any new turkish firearms. I won a few turkish mausers but they are from the 30s.

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,669 Posts
Because of Turkeys increasing Islamisation and support for Russia I do not by any new turkish firearms. I won a few turkish mausers but they are from the 30s.
I consider that too. My heritage is part Turkish, and the current government betrayed Ataturk’s secular revolution. My Westernized Turkish friends are trying to get out, to find jobs abroad. Erdogan enrages me.

That said, I would still buy an SAR. The company has been around since Ottoman Times. They are not Erdogan’s creature, any more than Ruger is part of the US government.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.... and I think I can afford this one , it's just what I'm in the market for...basic , plain Jane , no frills , reliable shooter !
Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts