Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Your wasting your time, but the answer is perhaps. depends on how deep it is.
The problem is it's going to come back, ( every time )

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
The steel used in the cylinder is hard as all get out. You will have a heck of a time polishing it out unless you use a power tool and then you better go easy and not round your cylinder stop notch cut outs. I really agree with everyone saying ignore it.

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
First off I assume you are talking about a stainless steel revolver and not a blued one. Fritz will take the bluing off a blued revolver. You may be able to get it off or at least some of it off a SS one but it will result in the cylinder being at a higher shine that the rest of the revolver. You can either take the shine off or do the whole revolver. If you are looking to sell it most used revolvers will have them anyway so why bother.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Cylinder turn ring is like tire wear. Unavoidable. I polish my SS revolvers with Mothers Mag 'cause I like the "nickle" look, but don't concern myself with turn ring.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
There are means of tuning your revolver's timing to prevent or seriously lessen the drag ring you discuss. Unless that is addressed, no amount of polishing will prevent the drag line from coming right back. Smithy.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
There are means of tuning your revolver's timing to prevent or seriously lessen the drag ring you discuss. Unless that is addressed, no amount of polishing will prevent the drag line from coming right back. Smithy.
Pretty much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts