Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some of the threads posted here by members related to some good old movies and music of the past, my brain started to turn to thinking of those old war TV series and where they are now.

There are several old western TV series still being aired today, especially on the western channel. But where are the old war series shows..? I'm not talking about Mash (which is good), I'm talking about shows like Combat, 12 O'Clock High and the Rat Patrol. Where are those shows today and why can't a network air them? Yes, some years back one network did air the Combat series and I enjoyed viewing that very much.

Sure do wish they'd bring them back again.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Back about 2 years ago when we had cable, there was a channel that played all of them once in a while. I liked Combat the best and would watch it when I could. It's the show that made me want a Tommy gun. :)
Never did, but I did pick up a Commando 45, a semi auto look alike which uses the same stick magazines like they used in WWII.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
We have a station here that plays 12 o'clock high followed by Combat. There was also back in the 60's shows called: the Lieutenant, Gallant Men, Silent Service, and Navy Log.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts