Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my SR-22! Been wanting to pick one up for a long time. Its the Talo edition, meaning it has a blued barrel and came with 3 mags.

I picked it up from a LGS for a decent price. I was feeling happy about my purchase, and had some time so I stopped at the Gander Mountain across the freeway to see if they had any .22.
Overpriced Federal 50 rd packs were all they had. I resigned myself to just dipping into the dwindling stash of .22 at home to feed my new pistol.

I swung by Walmart to pick up some things for dinner and on a whim, walked by the ammo case that has had zero .22 for the past year. I had to do a double take: at least 15 Federal bulk packs. Limit of 3 per customer @ 20.97$ a box.

I bought 3 :)

Told my shooting buddy about them and an hour later when he got there they were out. They also had lots of cheap 9mm, but I'm set in that department.

All in all, a pretty good day. I think I'm just as excited about the bulk packs as the pistol.
Can't wait to hit the range this weekend!

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Finally got my SR-22! Been wanting to pick one up for a long time. Its the Talo edition, meaning it has a blued barrel and came with 3 mags.

I picked it up from a LGS for a decent price. I was feeling happy about my purchase, and had some time so I stopped at the Gander Mountain across the freeway to see if they had any .22.
Overpriced Federal 50 rd packs were all they had. I resigned myself to just dipping into the dwindling stash of .22 at home to feed my new pistol.

I swung by Walmart to pick up some things for dinner and on a whim, walked by the ammo case that has had zero .22 for the past year. I had to do a double take: at least 15 Federal bulk packs. Limit of 3 per customer @ 20.97$ a box.

I bought 3 :)

Told my shooting buddy about them and an hour later when he got there they were out. They also had lots of cheap 9mm, but I'm set in that department.

All in all, a pretty good day. I think I'm just as excited about the bulk packs as the pistol.
Can't wait to hit the range this weekend!
And a good time was had by all!!
great to hear of your day

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey! Looks like your SR22 and mine share the same birthdate. :) Hope you can get your hands on some Remington Golden Bullets, they shot great! Though I'm sure the Federal will shoot just fine. Have fun at the range!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey! Looks like your SR22 and mine share the same birthdate. :) Hope you can get your hands on some Remington Golden Bullets, they shot great! Though I'm sure the Federal will shoot just fine. Have fun at the range!
Funny you should mention it. Unfortunately, the Feds did not perform well in my SR-22. They seemed weaker than in the past. Quite a few FTF and FTE. Maybe that's because its a new spring and it takes some breaking in? Not sure.

I started out with 100 CCI Mini-Mags which performed flawlessly.

I had the leftovers of a bucket of Remington Goldens, and as expected, they performed fantastically. I have had nothing but good performance from GBs. I would love to find more of them as all of my .22s like them.

Also shot some CCI Blazer and those worked extremely well.

Congrats on your new pistol. I sure love mine. So much fun to shoot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Funny you should mention it. Unfortunately, the Feds did not perform well in my SR-22. They seemed weaker than in the past. Quite a few FTF and FTE. Maybe that's because its a new spring and it takes some breaking in? Not sure.

I started out with 100 CCI Mini-Mags which performed flawlessly.

I had the leftovers of a bucket of Remington Goldens, and as expected, they performed fantastically. I have had nothing but good performance from GBs. I would love to find more of them as all of my .22s like them.

Also shot some CCI Blazer and those worked extremely well.

Congrats on your new pistol. I sure love mine. So much fun to shoot.
Sorry to hear that. At least the Federals were bargain priced!

I just got my hands on some CCI Mini Mags plus some Blazers also, and I can't wait to fire them tomorrow.

Was going to suggest the SR22 thread in the Ammo Dump forum, but saw your post there already. ;) Happy shooting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts