Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI to all---Has anyone in this excellent ruger forum heard of or have tweaked their feed lips on their firearms for reliability is that like the last resort to improve reliablity? Please let me know whether it was successful or unsuccessful thank you all

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
On the beaters and inexpensive firearms I am subject to experiment with doing just about anything I can think of to improve them. The better quality firearms cause me to proceed with much caution and defer to the pro gunsmiths. Touching up the mags is almost SOP on a lot of aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have and still do it quite often on milsurps, aftermarket mags, beaters, etc. The new stuff I generally let the manufacturer worry about it unless it's just a matter of burrs, smoothness or something minor.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Had a Bersa Thunder .380 for a bit and had to polish its ramp up a bit because rounds were jamming on their way up. I used a real fine grit stone on a rotary tool to slowely work my way up. Came out pretty good fired a few hundred rounds error free and then sold it for more than I paid for it. But that was a decent example of a Saturday night special. I dont think I'd do that to any of my pricier pistols. When a new barrel is looking at 150.00 dollars plus Id just take em in to a smith with more practice than myself. But it is doable just go real slow and take your time. I'd hate to make it worse by going to a coarser grit to speed it up. Also I used acetone to clean it while I went so I could really see a clean example of my progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts