Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, does anyone have any experience with those barrels? I'm interesting in the non-threaded version and wondering if it does improve the accuracy (it is only a quarter inch longer than the original one). I noticed that the rifling on the original barrel is very shallow and may not stabilize the bullet enough. Would be great to see some comparison, say, original vs twin tech shot from the rest at 50ft distance.
I tried to find any contact info on the TwinTech site but couldn't find any.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Twin Tech

Yes, I have. First, let me say that I have never had any trouble with the lands and grooves in the stock barrel. The bullit always goes where I point it. I bought a threaded barrel from Twin Tech to be able to screw on my .22 caliber silencer. That works perfectly and also hits whatever I point it at. Very easy to change out but for the minor length of barrel, unless you have a use for it, isnt going to do you much good as far as accuracy. Actually, if you are not using a silencer it is kind of a pain in the ass having the barrel sticking out from the pistol. I also use a laser below the frame so I cant find any holstr that will accommodate the gun. It still fits the pouch it came with though. Good shooting. Henry Brigham

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can't believe Ruger is taking so long to release their own SR22 threaded barrel version. Would be nice if the barrel is threaded directly into 1/2x28 with no adapters needed like other 22LR pistols out there. The Twin Tech version is a great option; i just wish they didn't do the adapter method.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Can't believe Ruger is taking so long to release their own SR22 threaded barrel version. Would be nice if the barrel is threaded directly into 1/2x28 with no adapters needed like other 22LR pistols out there. The Twin Tech version is a great option; i just wish they didn't do the adapter method.
Well, just be thankfull you can get threaded barrel handguns with the option of suppressors.
Illegal in AU.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nevermind i take that back. SR22 barrel diameter is too small to be threaded 1/2x28 directly. As are most 22LR pistols. No choice but to use adapters. It was the beer talkin last night lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts