Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I was bumping around the KelTec Owners Group forum, and came across a mention of a possible 22 conversion for the KelTec P3-AT/P32. I went to the websight of the maker of the conversion, but there is no mention of the conversion for those pistols yet. What I did find was a mention of a 22 conversion for the Ruger LC9. Its in Beta testing at the moment, and it is listed among their conversion kits. It incorrectly shows a KelTec P11 in the photos, but since they already make a kit for the P11, and PF9, Im hoping its not a misprint. I sure would like to see this come to market, as well as the kit for the P3-AT/P32. Because the P3-AT/P32 is so very close to the LCP, there is hope a 22 conversion for the LCP could also be a possibility. This is, of course, just speculation on my part, but it looks like it COULD be a possibility. Here is a link to Twisted Industries websight, look about 2/3rds down the page for the mention of the 22 conversion for the LC9.

Twisted Industries, Inc. -KelTec 22 Conversion Kits- PF9 P11 P32 P3AT

·
Registered
69 Posts
This would be excellent. I sent them an email inquiring about the date it would be available. I'm ready. LOL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got this response from Twisted Industries today.

barrels have been shipped out for heat treat for the Beta testers. they should be going out this week or next. after we work out any bugs (if any) they will be released for public. I will put you on the list to receive updates for the LC9 :)

Harry Perrette
Twisted Industries, Inc.
TwistedIndustries.net
Office: 321-631-6133

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
If I read the site correctly, it is about $200 for the keltec, right?

This would be kinda cool, but when I was shopping for a 22 I decided it was less expensive to just get a Mark III rather than spring for a 22 conversion for my CZ. But I guess this would be a cost effective way to go at that price.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If I read the site correctly, it is about $200 for the keltec, right?

This would be kinda cool, but when I was shopping for a 22 I decided it was less expensive to just get a Mark III rather than spring for a 22 conversion for my CZ. But I guess this would be a cost effective way to go at that price.
Plus, you can practice with the weapon you carry for MUCH cheaper....

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update... there is more info on TIs sight about the LC9-22 conversion. Still no release date, but some more details. I really want one of these kits. The comment about just buying a Mark series pistol instead... sure, but what do you do when there arent any more Mark series pistol that you want? I think the LC9--22 conversion will sell well. Now... come on TI... Lets make an LCP-22 conversion. There are tons of LCPs out there.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I contacted Harry about the release date of the LC9 Conversion Kit, and the possibility of an LCP conversion. Here was his response...

We have the LC9-22’s out to beta testers, I will add you to the list to receive updates of when it is released. I would hope by some time in feb. LCP is a definite possibility. along with the Kel-Tec P32 and P3AT

Harry Perrette
Twisted Industries, Inc.
TwistedIndustries.net

Oh my... LCP and the small Kel-Tecs... WooHoo

·
Registered
261 Posts
I also emailed TI about getting on an email notification list for the LC9-22 conversion list.
I like the idea of being able to practice with my carry gun without having to chase brass all over the place to reload it.....
Darrell

·
Registered
485 Posts
That is cool....However..if it is 200 bucks...I can get an SR22 for another 80 something bucks and have another gun. Still interested.....:D

Thanks for the information!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
$200 might seem high to some but the idea is for me to practice with my carry gun...The one that might save a life someday. Practicing with a different gun isn't going to build the muscle memory you are going to need when the stuff hits the fan.
YMMV
Darrell

·
Registered
485 Posts
$200 might seem high to some but the idea is for me to practice with my carry gun...The one that might save a life someday. Practicing with a different gun isn't going to build the muscle memory you are going to need when the s**t hits the fan.
YMMV
Darrell
Those muscles might get pretty confused when they are used to the recoil of the little .22 in practice...and then the 9mm in a life and death situation....Going to be a totally different gun

·
Registered
261 Posts
Those muscles might get pretty confused when they are used to the recoil of the little .22 in practice...and then the 9mm in a life and death situation....Going to be a totally different gun
Maybe but I doubt it.
Muscle memory is more of drawing, getting on target and firing the first shot with the feel of a specific shape/size firearm. The way I will draw the firearm, the way I have to grip and place my fingers and hold it to get on target and squeeze off the first round isn't going to be affected by recoil
The recoil is somewhat an after affect...IE after your 1st shot.
True, recoil is going to be different but since I shoot full house .44 loads for fun a 9mm isn't anything I worry about.
Darrell

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally... New Pics Are Online

There has been some progress on updating the websight... there are finally pics up. Before the LC9 kit was listed as coming soon, and in Beta testing, but the pics were of the Kel-Tec kit. NOW... the pics are of the actual LC9 with 22 conversion kit installed. I emailed TI a while back, and they said they were hoping to have the kits available by Feb 2013, but that has come and passed. I really hope it wont be much longer. New pics of the actual product gives me hope... There are 5 new pics on TI websight... Here is one...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would really like an LCP .22.
I like the small pocket size and even though the SR.22 is small, I can see having an LCP in .22 in my pocket at all times.
That would be a cool piece that Ruger should be making.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would really like an LCP .22.
I like the small pocket size and even though the SR.22 is small, I can see having an LCP in .22 in my pocket at all times.
That would be a cool piece that Ruger should be making.
The Beretta Bobcat, and Taurus POLY PT-22 are basically just that. LCP sized 22

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update

I got an email from Harry at Twisted Industries today. The first batch of conversion kits is available to people who were on the email waiting list. There are 12 kits available. I bought one. I was pleased to see the price is the same as the Kel-Tec conversion kits, $199. I dont know if the price will stay at that point once the kits are available to everybody. I was hoping to buy several magazines, but only one is offered at the moment. As soon as I get the kit, I will post thoughts, pictures, and a range report. Its been a long time coming, but I think its going to be a hot seller for TI.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts