Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Very nice addition there. They should be good shooters.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Those are neat, my Dad has a 39-2, I think a nickeled 39 too, I forget, he bought a bunch of 1st and 2nd Gen Smith autos over the past 10 years. These were S&W's first attempt to break into the "semi auto service pistol" world.

My gunsmith's wife carried a 39 no dash when she was a cop, he was telling me how he meticulously maintained it for her and most of the other officers' guns were cracking frames and breaking extractors.....

The 39 no dash was also notorious because of a few cases of them going off with impact while the gun was holstered, a story I read about an LEO that was paralyzed when he jumped a fence and the 39 went off and shot him.

I think S&W corrected these issues with the -2.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are neat, my Dad has a 39-2, I think a nickeled 39 too, I forget, he bought a bunch of 1st and 2nd Gen Smith autos over the past 10 years. These were S&W's first attempt to break into the "semi auto service pistol" world.

My gunsmith's wife carried a 39 no dash when she was a cop, he was telling me how he meticulously maintained it for her and most of the other officers' guns were cracking frames and breaking extractors.....

The 39 no dash was also notorious because of a few cases of them going off with impact while the gun was holstered, a story I read about an LEO that was paralyzed when he jumped a fence and the 39 went off and shot him.

I think S&W corrected these issues with the -2.
Hmmm, he must have been carrying it cocked! In SA mode. These are DA/SA. I can't believe it would have fired DA from hopping a fence.
But, IDK!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great lookers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats! :)

Those two are very nice! The 39 and 39-2 are some of the best looking and feeling 9mm's out there.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Dang...two of them! Congrats!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Nice looking bind. Congrats.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dang...two of them! Congrats!
Thanks!

And they also had a 59, NIB, mint condition for $450. I Should have bought it too, but the two 39's felt soooo nice.
Anyway, I'm not complaining. ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Fantastic! I love the 39's and all it's descendants. I often carry a 639 fitted with a 669 barrel and slide. It is one of my favorites.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I hope those shoot better for you than for me. I borrowed one briefly at a range one day and the accuracy was appalling. Wasn't me: I shot well with a Colt Gold Cup .45, a Browning Hi-Power and a .357 revolver that day.

The M-39 does feel very good in my hand, but frame cracks and bad accuracy put me off buying one. They also had a poor rep for not feeding HP ammo well.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wow those look very nice!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts