Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GP 100 and Gemini customs SP101 both in .327 Fed Mag. The trigger on the GP100 is sweet right from the factory, but doesn't compare to the trigger on the SP after Mark at Gemini customs worked his magic. I think I will send him the GP next.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
That SP101 looks like it's had a lot more than a trigger job! Beautiful guns, both!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
That is a good looking pair.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Nice mate ...but curious why you opted to port the SP101s barrel?.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice mate ...but curious why you opted to port the SP101s barrel?.
Reduced muzzle flip. Obviously it doesn't affect the recoil, but makes target reacquisition quicker.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Sweet pair. But porting is usually more effective on 4" + barrels. Curious if you noticed noticeable results on the snub nose.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet pair. But porting is usually more effective on 4" + barrels. Curious if you noticed noticeable results on the snub nose.
yes it is noticeable. No reduction in felt recoil, at least that I noticed, but the control of the muzzle is noticeably better, although part of it may be that fact that the trigger is so smooth right to break, that there is no tendency to nudge the gun at trigger break. This gun has a 3.16" bbl so its not exactly a snubbie. The big dot sight makes for easy target acquisition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts