Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Ed my Security Six is sporting Tyler T grips. The fit is very good on this frame, unlike on the Speed Six round butt frames.

Sorry for the poor quality photo, I guess I need a tri-pod.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baldy and Ed noticed that the fit of the Tyler's on the Speed Six frames isn't exactly great. Ed offered his Tyler's from his Speed Six here on the board and I got them and posted the photo. Ed had asked for it and I guess he wanted to see how well they fit on the square butts.

They fit well and also feel very good:).

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
that's a good fit now...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Awesome! I'm really glad it worked out for you! Man I couldn't get that to fit the round butt AT ALL, big difference I guess. I did suspect that once it fit, it'd sure feel great though! Thanks for posting the pic, that's a neat looking gun and it looks great with the Tyler.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ed,

they fit very well. I might stipple them one day since they are quite slick, on the other hand I'd like to polish the trigger face, the grooves are kind of sharp.

This is the old gun that I had rust blued and done a trigger job on. The double action is right there with some of my well tuned S&W revolvers, very even and predictable. I can't say that about my GP100, SP101, nor SRH.

It's a great shooter and now it looks better, too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Andyd,... Nice GUN...<:))

Stippling... Show us another Pic when you get it done...<:))
Now click the link and get to work...<:))

Stippling
http://tinyurl.com/2k7unn

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sgt. Knuckles,

thanks for the link. I am stippling guns since many years, I started with stippling wood grips long before Nill became a name. Later I also started stippling steel. It's quite a work but hey, it's my hobby!
Stippling wooden grips is quite common in Germany, where I am originally from, and most people make their own stippling tool, an annealed and drilled out hammer with steel pins epoxied into the hole.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Mr Andyd you done a real great job on that whole project. I have given my Tyler T's a real close look and I think I would have to take out to much metal to make them fit flush. I thought they just polished off the round butt, but they must have bent the frame in a little. I do like the feel they give the gun so I am going to use them. Got a holster on the way from DH. I got to do some serious practice as I plan to use it for my main carry gun. Good luck with your's.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Baldy!

I got some speedloaders on the way for that Service Six. Maybe I can make it to the range tomorrow quickly. I have to drive my son to his SAT, he is not that coordinated early in the morning and I think that I can make it to the range and do some serious work while he plays with his test:D and pick him up right when he is finished.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took the Service Six with the Tyler's to the range. The improvement over the service grips had been obvious right after I had installed them and handled the gun; the range trip was no disappointment. The gun handled the recoil better and double action shooting became easier.
I could have saved myself some trouble, had I not forgotten to tighten the ejector rod after blueing the gun[xx(].

Therefore my old S&W M22A broke another firing pin. About every 20,000 rounds it breaks at the loop, this is the fourth one and I still have a couple of spares, courtesy of the S&W service department.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
good looking speed six, hard to fine one now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts