Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
40sw cal works the best! Sorry, I couldn't resist......that baby should eat anything you put in it..I like Fiocchi ammo because it's very clean...

Reactions: HawkeyeSATX

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have had good luck with Magtech and Federal with mine. I agree that whitebox Win is pretty dirty, but all rounds fired fine. I have heard good things about Fiocchi as well, but personally have not tried it. The only FTFeed I had was with Remington UMC, first time at the range. (2/box)

Hope you enjoy shooting it as much as I do.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Have a SR9, SR40, SR40c, SR9, LCP and SR22 that seem to all run flawlessly on any type or brand of a ammo. This latest family of Ruger pistols are so reliable that i would not have a problem using one for CC right out of the box.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info guys. i put federal american eagle 180 grain full metal jacket and the first couple failed to feed. cleaned gun good and oiled and seemed to work. bought a box of tula ammo with the steel case. shot 30 or so and gun was very diry and picked up my cases to find some of cases split. i dont think thats a good thing. and will not be buying tula again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For Practice? Cheapest.

One of the advantages of a Ruger is that it is able to feed just about anything. Very high end pistols get very finicky due to very tight tolerances, but Ruger makes duty-weapons. That means reliability, reliability, reliability.

I'm burning through bulk reloads now, and no problems whatsoever.

Gundahar

·
Registered
363 Posts
40sw cal works the best! Sorry, I couldn't resist......that baby should eat anything you put in it..I like Fiocchi ammo because it's very clean...

I would have to agree, I reload for mine, and it sends everything down range perfectly.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use a ton of various types of ammo. From FMJ to HPJ, it eats up whatever I feed it...no complaints at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey sr40 owners. what brand and type of ammo works best for you? mostly for target shooting.
Just bought a new SR 40 couple weeks back. I bought S&W 180 grain today. Seems hard to load you have any ideas or do you think I bought the wrong ammo?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a SR9, SR40, SR40c, SR9, LCP and SR22 that seem to all run flawlessly on any type or brand of a ammo. This latest family of Ruger pistols are so reliable that i would not have a problem using one for CC right out of the box.
Not mine. I love the feel of my sr40c, but it kept jamming. I sent it to ruger and they replaced the ejector and fixed something else. I brought it home went to the range and unloaded about 15 rounds through it and it jammed. On my daily walks of my property I always carry it and every ti.e I go to shoot it, it jams. I have tried different ammo, but it definitely does not like cheap stuff. I bought a bunch of wolf rounds and it will only fore a couple before it jams. Even with other ammo it jams. Very disappointed... will trade it in for a different weapon...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts